Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nim's 1st made to order full silicone tail - video series

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater_Nim View Post
    Aww thanks Moomer! <3 Any Lyara <3 I hope to live up to your expectations.

New video added in the initial post. Having a tendency to ramble, it always takes me a while to edit these, so they're somewhat behind the actual progress of the tail.

I'll do my best to keep the updates coming more regularly in the future. Next up is the actual work with the silicone, and after that it'll be the sculpting of an entirely new fluke based on the exceedingly glamorous Halfmoon Betta fish.
    Do you have a picture of the fish you are basing the new fluke off of? I have been designing a fluke based on a particular betta fish but I don't know what it's called.

Senior Member Euro Pod Freshwater_Nim's Avatar
    Sure. This little diva, for example, is a halfmoon betta. Their flukes literally look like a halfmoon and are hence easy to identify.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    EARTH WITHOUT ART IS JUST EH. --- Scales by Nim ---
    Tailmaking Diary

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    It's beautiful! Not the same as the one I am looking at but it should have a amazing amount of flow to it.

Nim, if you feel comfortable saying, what kind of pigments are you using? They seem to work wonderfully, and I'm really hoping to add the iridescence into my tail very subtly, since my tail base color will be white. The other color will be brown.

@Keiris: Thank you so much!

Hi Misty!

That sounds great, I would love to make a white based tail someday too :-).

I usually mix my own pigments, but solarcolordust.com has a good range of chameleon pigments you can use. Go for the ones that have "Ghost" in the name as they are transparent and only add iridescence.

However these are not cosmetics grade, and are quite toxic in their loose form. Make sure you wear gloves and a breather at all times when working with the powder. Oh and it's best not to work inside your home (outside is best actually, or another well ventilated area away from curious children and/or pets). Once the pigment is bound in the silicone it's safe to be around.

I hope this helped!
    Love,
    Nim

Tailmaking Diary

Thank you so much, Nim! It definitely helps!

This is so, so gorgeous!!! Nim, what beautiful work, and so realistic. Love that you took advantage of the layering of color and reflection- it really makes for a magical feel.

Hey Nim I subscribed to your YouTube channel. I found that I need to keep the videos nearby, because all my friends keep asking about tail makers, and when I tell them about the one who does color shifting tails they never believe me till they see it, then they are all oohs and ahhhs lol.

Anyone who's curious about what's happening: Nim's updated me on the tail, and let's just say I'm squirming with excitement.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I wanna know eep XD

I keep checking this thread for updates on that tail! I want to know too!

I'm sure she'll reveal all soon. It's nearly there, but I'm actually in the same boat as you, not having seen any recent pics.

And now that I've stirred up anticipation... *sits back and watches everyone squirm*
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Not cool lol I'm so

Haha. I suppose that was a bit cruel of me. Let's just say that if all goes to plan it will hopefully be finished in the near future.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Any updates on this gorgeous tail? 😍

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So cool Nim, congrats on starting up/ having your own business!

Hey everyone! .

Wow that month just rolled over me like an ocean liner! I don't even know what happened.

Really sorry to every one who has been waiting for updates. Big news and info update coming in this week!

See you soon!
    Nim

Tailmaking Diary

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Yay!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so excited for this update, something good to offset this last week lol
    Last edited by Khaleesi Daenerys; 06-22-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Oh yay! I have been looking forward to updates!
    Welcome back Nim!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk