Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nim's 1st made to order full silicone tail - video series

Senior Member Euro Pod Freshwater_Nim's Avatar
    Hi everyone!

So, finally I'm getting around to this post. First of all, my deepest apologies for taking so long. I kept wanting to make a video for you guys, but this is getting ridiculous so I'm just typing it out for you.

There's good news and bad news! Bad news first: The current delay in schedule is eight weeks. If anyone wants to step back from their spot on the waiting list I completely understand and the one person who has already prepaid the material-cost is eligable for a full refund if so desired.

Now to the good news. One of the reasons for the production stop is, crazily enough, that I've gotten in trouble with the law. The projected sales of my freshly hatched tailmaking studio are so big already that I am not allowed to just sell my tails privately anymore:

I need to found a company!

How crazy is that?

So this is happening. I already have a wonderful partner to do this with, my good just-graduated-from-medschool friend; Alex. She'll be our second half and also the resident expert on health and safety concerns with the materials we are and will be using.

Turns out founding a company is a lot more complicated than you'd think it ought to be, and it costs a lot more money than you'd think as well. I'm learning a lot these days...

It will take at least till the end of August to get the paperwork done if no other obstacles present themselves, but I think this will also bring a lot of benefits. Such as proper buyer protection, cheaper shipment options and many other niceties that I'm still getting familiar with.

That's it! I'll try to get up to speed on all the private correspondance you guys have sent me. But it'll probably take a while longer. (I'm currently playing in a quite famous musical about kittens on a quite big stage, and am running back and fro most of the time... All I can hope to ask of you is some more patience.)

Thank you All for making this happen. This is pretty darn amazing.
    EARTH WITHOUT ART IS JUST EH. --- Scales by Nim ---
    Tailmaking Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater_Nim View Post
    Hi everyone!

So, finally I'm getting around to this post. First of all, my deepest apologies for taking so long. I kept wanting to make a video for you guys, but this is getting ridiculous so I'm just typing it out for you.

There's good news and bad news! Bad news first: The current delay in schedule is eight weeks. If anyone wants to step back from their spot on the waiting list I completely understand and the one person who has already prepaid the material-cost is eligable for a full refund if so desired.

Now to the good news. One of the reasons for the production stop is, crazily enough, that I've gotten in trouble with the law. The projected sales of my freshly hatched tailmaking studio are so big already that I am not allowed to just sell my tails privately anymore:

I need to found a company!

How crazy is that?

So this is happening. I already have a wonderful partner to do this with, my good just-graduated-from-medschool friend; Alex. She'll be our second half and also the resident expert on health and safety concerns with the materials we are and will be using.

Turns out founding a company is a lot more complicated than you'd think it ought to be, and it costs a lot more money than you'd think as well. I'm learning a lot these days...

It will take at least till the end of August to get the paperwork done if no other obstacles present themselves, but I think this will also bring a lot of benefits. Such as proper buyer protection, cheaper shipment options and many other niceties that I'm still getting familiar with.

That's it! I'll try to get up to speed on all the private correspondance you guys have sent me. But it'll probably take a while longer. (I'm currently playing in a quite famous musical about kittens on a quite big stage, and am running back and fro most of the time... All I can hope to ask of you is some more patience.)

Thank you All for making this happen. This is pretty darn amazing.
    Aww That's wild! Yeah, here in the US there are very specific guidelines for how much money you're allowed to make before you have to form a company (sole proprietorship/ corporation/etc.) Actually over here I think that's anything over $500(USD) so even selling one tail here would necessitate having an official company!

That's awesome you have a partner around to help and advise! Many hands make for light work they say!

I know right! I'm not sure exactly how complicated it is in Switzerland but when I started my business there was a lot of red tape to get through and money to spend, not to mention some of the business categories are so similar and the actual guidelines can get pretty convoluted. It definitely is interesting!

And I'm glad a business set up will bring so many rewards for you!

Good luck with the new business and the tailmaking! You got this Nim!

I am so excited to hear this, what an incredible step you are taking! Happy to hear you've got someone helping you out, I'm sure that will make things easier. Wishing you the best of luck with getting everything set up. I have full faith in you and will be waiting in the wings for whenever you are ready to start up production again.

To everyone else - Nim makes such a cute kitten. Just saying.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Congratulations! I just found this topic and am thrilled!
    Your work looks very promising and it's a big plus that you are Europe based. I also like the shifting colours and the realistic look.
    I was wondering if you could put pictures of you finished products on your website?

The best of luck with your business!

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hello everyone! I'm kind of a new-ish mer and very new on Mernetwork (been lurking as a guest for a couple months but only just made an account). I'd just like to check if anyone (particularly those who have outstanding orders with her) has heard from Nim lately? I'm considering my first silicone tail and I love her work, but my email to her from almost a month ago has gone unanswered, and I also noticed in the past few days that her website domain has expired. I gather from her last post that she's been swamped with stuff, but it's been quite a while and with the website down I'm wondering if she'll be continuing with her tailmaking business? So that I know whether to keep waiting or to start the whole process of agonizing which tailmaker to choose all over again. Thank you!!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyuhan View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm kind of a new-ish mer and very new on Mernetwork (been lurking as a guest for a couple months but only just made an account). I'd just like to check if anyone (particularly those who have outstanding orders with her) has heard from Nim lately? I'm considering my first silicone tail and I love her work, but my email to her from almost a month ago has gone unanswered, and I also noticed in the past few days that her website domain has expired. I gather from her last post that she's been swamped with stuff, but it's been quite a while and with the website down I'm wondering if she'll be continuing with her tailmaking business? So that I know whether to keep waiting or to start the whole process of agonizing which tailmaker to choose all over again. Thank you!!
    I lurk on tailmakers' websites, and I noticed her web went down. Wish I knew, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I lurk on tailmakers' websites, and I noticed her web went down. Wish I knew, as well.
    Looks like she is having a problem with her domain (the hostname you can enter into the browser address bar instead of the IP address).
    I do not know what happened to the server - maybe she can tell us.

I actually have paid for most of my tail the second payment isn't supposed to be due until the tail is ready to ship, but I haven't heard from her since she posted the update on here which was July 8th. My tail was supposed to be done in August but because of the new business paperwork I understand why it wasnt started when it was supposed to be. (That I know of it still hasn't been.) Since July 8th I have emailed her 5 times and I haven't received any response. With her webpage down now I'm actually really nervous and wonder if I should've asked for my money back. I know she has some great skills and she's a perfectionist so she doesn't want to say anything until everything is is done right, and she has another job not just this, but I'm seriously starting to worry about what's going on. I know my husband and friends are starting to tell me what could possibly be the worst case scenario.
    I don't want anyone to get mad over this posting I honestly just don't know what's going on or what I should do.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    The whois details the domain expired after being paid for since 2015. Every sign on the whois indicated that it wasn't paid for being the 21st of September I really hope Nim updates as she appears to be a brilliant tail maker.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    Looks like she is having a problem with her domain (the hostname you can enter into the browser address bar instead of the IP address).
    I do not know what happened to the server - maybe she can tell us.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Perhaps, due to the fact she's apparently in the process of transforming into an official company, she's remaking her website to reflect that? I hope very much that this all works out and you end up with a wonderful tail.

-The Michigan Merrow-
    - lady of the lake -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Perhaps, due to the fact she's apparently in the process of transforming into an official company, she's remaking her website to reflect that? I hope very much that this all works out and you end up with a wonderful tail.
    No, this does not explain an expired domain. A domain expires if you don't pay for it for the next year. For ".com" it is usually about 20€ per year to it should not be a problem.

I have my own website on a virtual root server so I know what hosting stuff on a server means - and loosing a domain results in so much work that much more work would have to be put into your server that it is cheaper to keep it for a while unused instead of expiring it and update all names if you don't get it back. Think about it: You have to rename all mailboxes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    I actually have paid for most of my tail the second payment isn't supposed to be due until the tail is ready to ship, but I haven't heard from her since she posted the update on here which was July 8th. My tail was supposed to be done in August but because of the new business paperwork I understand why it wasnt started when it was supposed to be. (That I know of it still hasn't been.) Since July 8th I have emailed her 5 times and I haven't received any response. With her webpage down now I'm actually really nervous and wonder if I should've asked for my money back. I know she has some great skills and she's a perfectionist so she doesn't want to say anything until everything is is done right, and she has another job not just this, but I'm seriously starting to worry about what's going on. I know my husband and friends are starting to tell me what could possibly be the worst case scenario.
    I don't want anyone to get mad over this posting I honestly just don't know what's going on or what I should do.
    Oh no! That sounds really nerve-wracking...I think its totally understandable to be anxious after so long with no contact at all. Let's hope she's just going through some kind of extraordinary circumstance right now and will resurface sometime soon! I think Glinda Rose knows Nim personally (extrapolating from previous posts), maybe she'll know something?

Well after writing on this thread earlier I sent her a email and politely asked for the money back that I had paid. Then I went to PayPal to send her a message that way too. This is defiantly not something that I wanted to do or ever thought I would need to do. But in all honesty with her website no longer online (for not trying to keep it up) and me not hearing from her I felt it was something that I needed to do. I am posting this in case there is any backlash for these precautionary actions I have taken. I hope you all understand that it is with a heavy heart that I am doing this.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Well after writing on this thread earlier I sent her a email and politely asked for the money back that I had paid. Then I went to PayPal to send her a message that way too. This is defiantly not something that I wanted to do or ever thought I would need to do. But in all honesty with her website no longer online (for not trying to keep it up) and me not hearing from her I felt it was something that I needed to do. I am posting this in case there is any backlash for these precautionary actions I have taken. I hope you all understand that it is with a heavy heart that I am doing this.
    We understand. I get what you are saying. She made such a beautiful tail and was so dedicated. I hate to see it turn this way. I want to believe that there is a good explanation for all this.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Any news, Khaleesi?

-The Michigan Merrow-
    - lady of the lake -

I'm really curious what Nim explanation to all of this is. I got bored and decided to see if I could find an online presence which I did find so lack of internet can be ruled out. I know it's not my business to do any reaching out. It just upsets me all that money spent and just silence she getting. Is there any update to your tail Glenda as I think you were the first in line to get one made from Nim?

Survivor of cyberbullies

I did the same a few days ago (kept the details mostly to myself due to the reasons you've said of it not really being our business, and also to avoid violating anyone's privacy), but while I found signs of an online presence as you probably did, I didn't manage to find evidence of concrete, actual activity past mid-August or so. Unless you've found something I didn't, I suppose temporary lack of internet could still be a vague possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I'm really curious what Nim explanation to all of this is. I got bored and decided to see if I could find an online presence which I did find so lack of internet can be ruled out. I know it's not my business to do any reaching out. It just upsets me all that money spent and just silence she getting. Is there any update to your tail Glenda as I think you were the first in line to get one made from Nim?

I did the same a few days ago, but while I found signs of an online presence as you probably did, I didn't manage to find evidence of concrete, actual activity past mid-August or so. Unless you've found something I didn't, I suppose temporary lack of internet could still be a vague possibility?
    Very much more recent. She been hearting happy birthday post on her Facebook. Her bday was about 3 week ago. Out of respect, I will not publicly say the person real name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Survivor of cyberbullies

Oh, that's strange, I also found a Facebook account under her real name, but I didn't see anything about birthdays in the public posts that I was able to view. Maybe I wasn't digging hard enough, I kind of stopped at, "ah so she has a Facebook account."

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Very much more recent. She been hearting happy birthday post on her Facebook. Her bday was about 3 week ago. Out of respect, I will not publicly say the person real name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk