Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nim's 1st made to order full silicone tail - video series

I keep seeing my name on here. I didn't originally plan on posting but since people are asking:

Yes, she is still in the process of creating a company. It is taking much longer than expected.

Other than that, I don't really know much. Yes, we know each other, but we also live in different countries so I'm not that involved in her tail stuff. My best advice is to exercise patience - chances are, she'll be back once the company is sorted. Until then, it's a waiting game.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I'm guessing she's not scamming anyone, but that's just me.

There is probably a reason behind everything. Many makers will be super quiet for a long time, for what ever reason that may be. She may be trying to set up her website elsewhere. She might have family issues, etc etc etc.

If this goes on for much longer, do something. But for now;
    I suggest calming down and being patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I'm guessing she's not scamming anyone, but that's just me.
    She's not. Take it at my word.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I keep hearing from in person friends and online people/friends that it's not normal, then I hear from other online people that this is normal. Honestly I don't know what to think anymore, I feel bad for posting anything on here in the first place. I don't want there to be any fights or harassment. I'm not sure what to think about all of this. I haven't started any claims through PayPal just sent her a message through them since I wasn't hearing back via email. I don't know what to do at this point but I definitely don't want anyone harassing her. I don't think anyone on here, or anyone I know in person would send her anything at all let alone on her personal page but I feel the need to put this out there.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'll take your word for that until the first of November. Having been in a similar situation with a fabric tail make a couple months ago, it's a legit concern for me to not see another mer get burn. I just really wish to know why she will not just communicate back. An email from her would only take 10 minutes out of the 1,440 minutes that's in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Glinda Rose View Post
    She's not. Take it at my word.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Hey all,

I have been in touch with Nim today and have some long-awaited info:

First of all, she is aware of her e-mail backlog and apologises for delays. She admits that communication is her weakness and that she hasn't been completely on top of it recently. But rest assured, she knows that people are trying to get in touch, and will work on dealing with it.

Second, she has agreed to let me take charge of some of the communication for her. By this, I mean I will be keeping an eye on things happening in this forum, and if there are any issues I will be actively passing them onto her. I hope that his means that, in the future, there are much clearer channels of communication, meaning you guys won't all get stuck wondering what's going on.

She says that the company papers should be here any day now. Not exactly sure when, but once they're here it should be possible to get things moving again, and she can resume the creative side of tail making.

I know it has seemed slow and frustrating lately. I suppose some of it is to do with there being a lot of red tape involved with creating a company, and having to halt all production until that happens. My advice for now is to have continued patience, and Nim will be back with us in due course.

Glinda x
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Thank you

Hey all,

First of all, she is aware of her e-mail backlog and apologises for delays. She admits that communication is her weakness and that she hasn't been completely on top of it recently. But rest assured, she knows that people are trying to get in touch, and will work on dealing with it.

Second, she has agreed to let me take charge of some of the communication for her. By this, I mean I will be keeping an eye on things happening in this forum, and if there are any issues I will be actively passing them onto her. I hope that his means that, in the future, there are much clearer channels of communication, meaning you guys won't all get stuck wondering what's going on.

She says that the company papers should be here any day now. Not exactly sure when, but once they're here it should be possible to get things moving again, and she can resume the creative side of tail making.

I know it has seemed slow and frustrating lately. I suppose some of it is to do with there being a lot of red tape involved with creating a company, and having to halt all production until that happens. My advice for now is to have continued patience, and Nim will be back with us in due course.

Glinda x
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Thank you, Glinda. The communication part was exactly what I guessed was going on.

Thank you. I feel bad for causing all of this. I completely panicked when I saw her website was down, so I started asking people questions and googling similar situations which only made it worse, much like googling symptoms lol. I'm still a bit nervous but I'm glad we have some ideas now of what's going on.
    Hey all,

Glinda x

The website thing initially threw me too, but I'm pretty confident it's going to go back up again. (As in, she asked me to send a bio for the homepage. Meaning it will exist.)
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    That's absolutely wonderful to hear. Let's hope everything gets back on track really soon! Thank you Glinda Rose for the long-awaited update!

I also just want to say that in looking for her social media accounts and such, it was just an attempt to get more context in a situation we knew so little about, and I had absolutely no intentions of witch-hunting or harassing her. (So Khaleesi, don't feel bad! It was reasonable for you to feel anxious in that situation, and no harm was done. I'm really sorry for putting you in that conflicted position if I inadvertently did, though!) That is the reason I have never disclosed any identifiable details publicly, and the only thing I would've done with it is to give it to affected individuals upon request as an alternative last-ditch means to contact her strictly about refunds, only if all else fails. I am so glad that this won't be necessary, since I would've felt really bad about violating her privacy like that as well. I'm sure Slim's intentions were similar, since he was careful with what he revealed as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    I keep hearing from in person friends and online people/friends that it's not normal, then I hear from other online people that this is normal. Honestly I don't know what to think anymore, I feel bad for posting anything on here in the first place. I don't want there to be any fights or harassment. I'm not sure what to think about all of this. I haven't started any claims through PayPal just sent her a message through them since I wasn't hearing back via email. I don't know what to do at this point but I definitely don't want anyone harassing her. I don't think anyone on here, or anyone I know in person would send her anything at all let alone on her personal page but I feel the need to put this out there.

Super stoked to hear that she is still working on getting that tailmaking company set up! Her work is so beautiful, it would have been such a shame to see it end here. At any rate, thanks for the clarification Glinda! And I truly apologize if I've caused any unnecessary misunderstandings or conflict, it really wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by tiffanyuhan; 10-06-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: clarifying bad phrasing and adding / shifting quotes to provide better context

You didn't put me in any position you are fine, and I know your and Slims intentions are good you two didn't cause any harm. You both are really sweet and I'm greatful to you both.

UPDATE:
    1. Nim got the papers. *celebratory dance*

2. She is hoping to do a bit of live streaming later on this afternoon. I'll post again when I know more but she said 2pm local time (which for her is Switzerland). Fingers crossed she can get it to work. Will post again when I know more.

EDIT: Link: https://go.twitch.tv/echo_and_nori

EDIT: She is live now. FYI I couldn't get it to work on my Safari but it works on Google Chrome (in case anyone's struggling)

EDIT: Plaster is now drying. Back in 40 mins or so.

EDIT: Back online again. (5pm GMT+1; 6pm Switzerland)

---

Here are the video links for anyone who wants to watch them back:

Video 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182906201
    Video 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182942007
    Last edited by Glinda Rose; 10-17-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

Any updates on Nim? Glad to hear she's back in business!

-The Michigan Merrow-
    - lady of the lake -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Any updates on Nim? Glad to hear she's back in business!
    I'll keep you posted. Nim said she would let me know when she was live streaming again.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

In case anyone might be wondering what's going on with my tail: Nim and I spoke about it today, and she'll be resuming it soon.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

Her website is back up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Her website is back up and running again.
    Good to know, Khaleesi! I hope she responds and updates us soon.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

5 months. no update. love her work. no update from nim glenda 2. i scare people not get tail. mah tv give same silence when off.