Thread: Mermaid, Siren, Ocean. What are you thinking of? HELP! Ban Prevention Essay!

Mermaid, Siren, Ocean. What are you thinking of? HELP! Ban Prevention Essay!

Hey guys! So I'm doing some research for a school essay, and if it goes well, I'll get it around to as many public pools as I possibly can! Why? Because this is a persuasive essay on why tail bans aren't warranted!

So I'll be asking some questions, can everyone answer how they feel personally? I'll have some of the generalized answers in my essay anonymously.

1. What do you think when you encounter the word "Mermaid"?

2. What do you think when you encounter the word "Fish"?

3. What do you think when you encounter the word "Siren"?

4. What do you think when you encounter the word "Ocean"?

5. What do you think when you encounter the word "Tail" or the words "Mermaid Tail"?

6. What does being a mererson mean to you?

7. What does tail swimming do for/to you?

8. Why do you swim in a tail?

9. How do the people around you react when you swim in a tail?

10. What are your thoughts on tail bans?

11. How do you feel when wearing and/or swimming with a tail?

Kind of subquestions are...

12. How do tails and confidence relate to you?

13. How do tails and dreams relate to you?

14. How do tails and fear relate to you?

I'd love to hear any other thoughts on the subject- I'll need them! Thanks so much for helping me out with this guys!

Also, I'd especially love it if @AniaR could shed some light on the subject because of your experience, studies, and school for mers.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    You can find all my resources and citations on my blog: http://rainamermaid.weebly.com/blog/...uts-down-girls good luck

Ooh- thank you! I knew about your blog, but I didn't think about it for my paper so thank you for reminding me. XD

Junior Member Euro Pod Alaw ferch Tonnau's Avatar
    I have some answers for this. How shall I send them?
    Call me Ally

Just reply them here XD

Junior Member Euro Pod Alaw ferch Tonnau's Avatar
    Sorry for the delay. I hope my answers are useful.
    I think it is unfair and quite upsetting to have a blanket ban of mermaid tails. While I understand that health and safety is very important, I think that the pools should make a compromise such as allowing them at certain times. It's everyone's pool so everyone should be able to make use of it.
    For me mermaiding is both an escape from the repetitive nature of work and many aspects of modern life and a way to relax and enjoy myself, as well as a fulfilment of my love of mythology and fantasy.
    It is an enjoyable physical activity which should be encouraged not discouraged.
    Words like Mermaid and Siren make me think of mermaiding and being a mythical creature I guess.
    Good luck in your essay.
    Call me Ally

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    1. What do you think when you encounter the word "Mermaid"? I want to be one but as a dude.

2. What do you think when you encounter the word "Fish"? Oh how great it would be to swim into a school of them

3. What do you think when you encounter the word "Siren"? Singing mermaids

4. What do you think when you encounter the word "Ocean"? One day I shall swim in you

5. What do you think when you encounter the word "Tail" or the words "Mermaid Tail"? I don't so much think on this one as I instantly remember the magic like feeling swimming in a tail

6. What does being a mererson mean to you? It means an escape from adulting and being something so magical that brings happiness to everyone around me as they see me as one.

7. What does tail swimming do for/to you? ^same as above but it's also my own little world the water. My own place of serenity.

8. Why do you swim in a tail? Same as the answer to 6

9. How do the people around you react when you swim in a tail? They absolutely love it. So much so I signed autograph as Slim to 5 older ladies so far as it made them believe in the good things again.

10. What are your thoughts on tail bans? I don't agree with it. I understand if the lifeguard aren't confortable but so many people get joy out of seeing a merman and mermaid. It gives them that exciting feeling they have when they see Santa growing up but that feeling stays with them through their teen and into adulthood. The tail ban prevent exciting moment like these from happening.

11. How do you feel when wearing and/or swimming with a tail? I straight up feel magical and I'm one with the water. I just feel so lost without my tail. It hard to describe but swimming with a tail is who I am.

Kind of subquestions are...

12. How do tails and confidence relate to you? Very highly.

13. How do tails and dreams relate to you? All my dreams the last 2 months are about me swimming in my tail meeting various sea life.

14. How do tails and fear relate to you? I had a HUGE fear of water. I use to freak out when water touch my eyes and go up in my nose. When the local mermaid here encourage me enough to swim with here, my fear were instantly gone. That feeling with the tail felt so magical I just forgot my fear and instantly had a knowing that this is the thing I been searching for my whole life.

Hopefully this helps you.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Thank you all so much, I've completed my essay!!!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Awesome. Hopefully you get a good grade on the essay.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lau View Post
    Thank you all so much, I've completed my essay!!!
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I'm a student at a medical school. My desire to assist others is the fundamental driver behind my decision. Nursing is a great job as well. Hospital patients receive little care and attention, and a care plan for nursing students consolation for a patient when no one else is around. Additionally, I might stumble across someone in need of medical attention while going down the street. For instance, an elderly woman might fall ill, or a young man might trip and break his leg. I want to be qualified with the knowledge and expertise needed to assist in these situations. I find that using online nursing papers greatly aids my learning.