Hey everyone! My name is Chelsea, and I joined Mernetwork about a month ago. Sorry I haven't introduced myself sooner!

So a couple things about me...

I grew up in Orange County, CA but now I live with my husband, Sam and golden doodle puppy named Stella near Provo, UT.

I work as a customer service rep at a call center and my husband is going to school.

I am a Mormon and I went on a mission for my church in Cincinnati, Ohio! It was an amazing, challenging experience and I am so glad that I went.

I moved to Utah afterward and then met my husband here.

I've always loved mermaids. I was one of those kids that would watch The Little Mermaid every day, and then pretend to be a mermaid every time I went to the beach or a swimming pool. One time when I was little my mom caught me sticking my legs in a pillowcase... As I grew older I kinda grew out of it, as most people probably do. I always loved swimming though, and I was on a swim team in high school which gave me the opportunity to work on my swimming technique and breath hold. At that point I never thought to be a mermaid though.

After high school I started living real life, and I got into a rut this past year because I tried and failed at a new career path, and I was feeling really discouraged. I just kept thinking about how much I wanted to have a "thing" that I could put my heart and soul into that could also help me have a business. I realized after looking around that there were people actually making mermaiding into a hobby, or even a career! It blew my mind! Then all my childhood fantasies came back and I was reminded of how much I love mermaids and swimming and the ocean... And I absolutely love working with kids. Right now it just feels like such a perfect thing for me. The funny thing is I still haven't bought a mermaid tail or even a monofin yet. But I'm making serious plans to in the next couple of weeks! Just gotta make sure I have the money, haha.

Just a question for you mer-people--I'm trying to decide what I want to do for my tail. I understand that it's not recommended to have a silicone tail be my first one (and there's no way I could afford one right now anyway), but I was trying to figure out a way that I can make a fabric or neoprene tail that looks realistic enough, but doesn't cost and arm and a leg... What have you all done to make your tails look spiffy?

Thanks guys!