Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Mermaids Were Real

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykur View Post
    I believe I have read that mermaids are beautiful but vicious, and the males are more ugly looking but with a more gentle nature then their opposite gender.
    see i read the same thing somewhere but then a while back and i can't remember where there was another idea posed
    that the reason most people don think they're are attractive male mermaids is because most of the male population is indistinguishable from their female counterparts
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Calypso View Post
    see i read the same thing somewhere but then a while back and i can't remember where there was another idea posed
    that the reason most people don think they're are attractive male mermaids is because most of the male population is indistinguishable from their female counterparts
    This was the idea in the Spiderwick Chronicles. They made a book of all the creatures (the art is incredible) and there was a section on merfolk. It's also the idea for Irish mers, I think.

Like this! :'>

Name:  Azzy_Naga_by_kyoht.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  52.2 KB
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

i think that's a gorgon or a naga but the picture is still Sway Epic .
    I'm think something more like this
    Name:  Fire.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  126.5 KB
    this is basically what i consider the quintessential MerMan to look like
    dominant and large and different from his female counterpart in every way

Name:  The Guppy.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  80.9 KB
    this(ignoring the breast which i just noticed) is the quintessential hermaphroditic male
    smaller and and far more effeminate. he is no less dangerous then his male or counterparts and can easily hold his own with the aggressive females

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    I would probably look something like the H2O mermaids, but be exotic like the POTC mermaids.

Mermaids are a part of nature. Nature is exotic, and wild. I would expect mermaids to have somewhat wild traits.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Homoflexible Mermaid speaking! One of the things that makes mermaids so attractive to me is the Amazonian view that I have of them. I see them loving culture and art, prizing intellect and philisophy, while also being dark, passionate, feirce, and at times primial and animalistic. I think of refined warriors who would be able to survive with ease in a harsh marine environment, who can also be playful, loving, and gentle. Kind of like a great cat: they can roll around on the jungle floor and purr like a house cat, but they'll rip you to shreds without regret if you threaten them or their kin. Perhaps this makes me rather sterotypical, but I love the idea of strong, independent females. And of course, the males would be quite the same way. ;3

I also seem them being beautiful in an alien sort of way. Lots of extra fins, gils, different eyes for underwater sight, etc, who also love to adorn themselves in ways that would both bind them to the individual culter of their pod while also setting them apart as an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    Homoflexible Mermaid speaking! One of the things that makes mermaids so attractive to me is the Amazonian view that I have of them. I see them loving culture and art, prizing intellect and philisophy, while also being dark, passionate, feirce, and at times primial and animalistic. I think of refined warriors who would be able to survive with ease in a harsh marine environment, who can also be playful, loving, and gentle. Kind of like a great cat: they can roll around on the jungle floor and purr like a house cat, but they'll rip you to shreds without regret if you threaten them or their kin. Perhaps this makes me rather sterotypical, but I love the idea of strong, independent females. And of course, the males would be quite the same way. ;3

I also seem them being beautiful in an alien sort of way. Lots of extra fins, gils, different eyes for underwater sight, etc, who also love to adorn themselves in ways that would both bind them to the individual culter of their pod while also setting them apart as an individual.

i swear i love your brain!!!
    every time you post it's like we are on the exact same wave length its crazy
    i agree with this view of mermaids whole heartily. having been raised by strong black women who i consider the closest things to Amazons i will ever have the pleasure of meeting, this idea hits close to home for me.

The feeling is mutual Princy. My Mama raised me on the attitude of "Trust no Man, Fear no B***h!" so I love the idea of mermaids who can have loving mates and families but don't need a merman to take care of them and who won't hesitate to cut a shark who gets too close to their merbabies.

Whaddaya mean, "if"?

Whether or not this is real, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piC75vbKgk )

I think anything is possible!

@ Calypso: Yea! It's a naga guy! I love how his face is a bit warped though and his hair is tentacles~
    I love those designs you posted too, though! I love how they're "fish" all over. It looks awesome!

@ Jesse: that video is very interesting, but I've only watched so much of it right now xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJesse View Post
    Whaddaya mean, "if"?

OMG I cant wait til this airs on tv this month!!!

i just watched it begining to end, and if its true and they exsist then i don't want to know anymore. i don't want to meet one, i don't want to see one, i don't one to like me. if this is true, then we(humans) will end up putting them in zoos, cages, food, slavery, or even extinction. if its true, i want them to stay hidden.
    on the other hand, it is really convienent that ALL of their research was confiscated. just saying. not doubting but definately throwing it out there. although i love their tails!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

xD The documentary was really cute, but it seemed like they could've done more to make it more
    believable.

I think it already aired, Calypso. I think it was aired last year when Animal Planet had a "myths"
    week where they made a couple other fake documentaries like this. They had made one about
    dragons that I remember being pretty nifty too.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    I think it was aired last year when Animal Planet had a "myths"
    week where they made a couple other fake documentaries like this. They had made one about
    dragons that I remember being pretty nifty too.
    Yeah I have the dragon one on DVD. I thought it was pretty awesome. Dragon's World: Fantasy Made Real is the name in the US. In other countries it is called 'The Last Dragon'. There's a wiki on it: http://dragonsworld.wikia.com/wiki/D...Made_Real_Wiki
    As well as several Facebook pages. Here's the Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las...4_TV_series%29
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I wonder why it's named differently in the US?
    Maybe they're scared people from here are so stupid they might actually thing it WAS the "Last
    Dragon" xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    Hahaha Kanti. I liked the documentarty. It was almost believeable. unfortunately the only real thing is the bloop recording. but it could very well be true. Even to go as far as how they evolved. all good possibilities.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Im a mix between Ariel and the PotC mermaids.

Ariel because I love collecting stuff, and I am far away from the person that I fell in love with and would give anything to be where they are. <3 And I have a really strict demanding dad xD that loves me of course.

Pirates of the Caribbean because I am somewhat dark and vengeful...and I like eating.. << LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJesse View Post
    Whaddaya mean, "if"?

dawww. D: it said the video isnt available anymore. </3 is there another way i could find it?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    I think there doesn't have to be a strict good/bad, darker/lighter, fantasy/vicious line with all mermaids. I think they'd be like humans. Some are good, some are bad, some are fairy-tale like and some are bitchy and kick-ass. I think it just depends on the mer!
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

For my part, I think true mermaids will be like in the serie Supernatural.

She can be what you want (a hot girl for exemple) and talk about what you like to do what she want about you. But, if you look in a mirror or you break the charm, she look like a “monster” with basical animal instincts.