Thread: How to make clothing tags

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod

How to make clothing tags

IF THIS I NOT IN THE CORRECT PLACE, ADMINS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT!!

I would love to be able to make my own clothing tags for when I make tops and tails. I have watched alot of tutorials, but they all call for an inkjet printer. I'm not quite sure what an inkjet printer is or whether I have one or not...does anyone know of a tutorial that deosn't need and inkjet printer?? THANX
    Last edited by Mermaid Saphira; 02-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

An inkjet printer produces bright and dark colors on prints you can use cardboard stamped with an image with a hole punched in it fitted with a metal ringlet or just print them from a normal printer onto cardstock though the colors might not be as bright

Chesapeake Pod
    Well, they would have to be able to be water resistant...as they would be going on tails and tops
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

You could also embroider them, although that would take longer.
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ I on't reallylikethe look of ebroidery...I want something a little more professional looking

Embroidery can look extremely professional, just sayin'.

Can you make a stamp out of linoleum or styrofoam and use acyrlic paint? Acyrlic paint stays.

Chesapeake Pod
    I'm not sure... I saw a tutorial tat called fo an ink jet printed and freezer paper? what IS freeze paper?? XD

I know this website where they make tags like the ones in shirts and jeans and you can just glue them or sew them into the tails I'll have to post it later since I don't have my notebook with me right now

Chesapeake Pod
    ^ ThanQ! That would come in handy!

here it is: i havent actually gone to this site yet because i really havent had reason to. is it what you were looking for? the ad says clothing labes,ribbon,gift wrap,stickers
    http://www.namemaker.com
    does it even work?

Chesapeake Pod
    Perfect! ThanQ so much