Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Swim Practices?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Delphinus's Avatar
    Follow Delphinus On Twitter Add Delphinus on Facebook
    Visit Delphinus's Youtube Channel

SoCal Swim Practices?

I tried posting on the Facebook pod group, but didn't get any results. (though I got some likes for me starting my merman youtube channel finally!)

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anyone here in the Southern California area (particularly Orange County) that might be up to swim practices in tails? Please let me know! My hourlgass dolphin tail need to see water!
    "Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, lìtutti vivono in pace e in onestà."

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    hey. it's a bit of a drive for me, but I'd be interested in practicing to. My tails don't get to much time in the water and I'd love to learn to both learn to swim better with and without a tail.
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Do you have a place in mind? I have never been to a mer gathering before.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I find that the best way to get people together for a meetup is to get a location, set a time, and then invite people. If you build it they will come, sort of thing.

I'm definitely interested. I have an idea, but am not sure about it yet. I was a lifeguard at a local pool that I could ask about.

No, unfortunately I don't actually have my own place (or any community one that I'm aware of) that I could invite or bring people to.

But if you want to try asking, Triton, that could be worth a shot!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

SoCal Swim Practices?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I find that the best way to get people together for a meetup is to get a location, set a time, and then invite people. If you build it they will come, sort of thing.
    So much truth. That how I'm doing it in Florida this Thursday with this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    So much truth. That how I'm doing it in Florida this Thursday with this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but the problem is that a bunch of us don't actually have access to a location. :\ Hard to bring people somewhere when we don't have somewhere to go! Hence why the couple of us are asking around. :O

I have not asked my old boss yet, but I want to know if there will be a lot of people and if they are all adults. Also, it may be a good idea for us all to meet in person on dry land somewhere first. Anyone who is interested, just use this page for now. Again nothing certain yet, but I want to have some info to give him.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonsGuard View Post
    I have not asked my old boss yet, but I want to know if there will be a lot of people and if they are all adults. Also, it may be a good idea for us all to meet in person on dry land somewhere first. Anyone who is interested, just use this page for now. Again nothing certain yet, but I want to have some info to give him.

Can I ask where the pool is? Depending on where it is, I might be able to go or not.

Yeah, agreed. As for me, it'd be just me and naturally I'm an adult. I'd like to make more meets too, so maybe we can also coordinate just kind of simple meets? Like, mer lunch or something? We could have one or two in a few towns so that people from a wider area can kind of get to meet before hand, and then we could gather for the practice itself.

I myself am (while technically in "unincorporated Orange County") am listed as living in Tustin, if that helps.

The Downtown Aquatics Center in Costa Mesa is what I was speaking of. I'll ask about if we can swim in tails after I know how many people will be in our group. I know they will at least let us swim in monofins as I do that there all the time. I like the mer lunch idea. It'd be a good way for all of us to get to know each other.

I could probably do meet ups on the weekends if enough people go.

Cool, sounds good to me. And weekends are generally my safest bet, too.

For all of you that are interested in getting together for lunch sometime, What sounds good? I'm not very picky. I could go for burgers, sandwiches, Italian of some kind, or sea food. Those aren't the only things I like. I am just throwing out suggestions. Also, we don't need to go anywhere expensive. What would you all want to have if we planned a lunch meet up?

Well, where would be a convenient 'middle ground' for those of us on this thread? Obviously we can adjust, but since we're talking here I figured we'd start here too.

I don't know if Tustin works for anyone, but it's (again, technically my home city) and I know a pretty great diner place that I quite enjoy. John's Place is very near to me, and I love their food; plus they have lots of indoor seating and a lovely patio that's almost always empty with a decent amount of seating. Open air seating for us mers could be neat. <3 They do burgers, Mexican, and a few assorted plates and such. Price ranges depending on what you get of course.

Just an idea?

Sounds good to me. You are speaking of the one on 1st Street, right?

Aye. That's opposite the Weinerschnitzel?

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest
    Pod of Cali
    Add aquamtc on Facebook
    Visit aquamtc's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    I tried posting on the Facebook pod group, but didn't get any results. (though I got some likes for me starting my merman youtube channel finally!)

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anyone here in the Southern California area (particularly Orange County) that might be up to swim practices in tails? Please let me know! My hourlgass dolphin tail need to see water!
    Hi, did you want to practice in the pool or in the ocean? I live in San Diego and I'm a new mermaid who has access to a large private pool and looking for people to practice with as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest
    Pod of Cali
    Add aquamtc on Facebook
    Visit aquamtc's Youtube Channel
    Hello again of course I didn't read the entire thread before I posted. I wanted to coordinate a meet up at my pool in San Diego, perhaps in May or June on a weekend. If there's enough interest I'd like to do it on a regular basis. the pool is heated and not too many residents use it in the off hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk