Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SoCal Swim Practices?

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Firstly, Delphinus okay with the meet spot. Is there anyone besides us that wants to meet up? If not, I am still willing to go. We just have to figure out a time. Secondly, Aquamtc I might be able to go. It just depends on when it is you want to meet.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I'm interested in meetups, but not so much when they are so far away from me. I am in Simi Valley. Thing is, there is a community pool that accepts tail swimmers right here in town. Also, there is a calm beach suitable for swimming not too far away. I tried setting up meets at the beach a few times, but the entire "make it and they will come" idea did not work. Once no one came, and twice, just one other person came.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    There aren't too many Mers up in our county is why. But I will be out more this summer hopefully depending on my work schedule and I think Kalani was looking at making it out a few times.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

It is surprising there are not more of us here. From what I can see, we are mostly spread out far enough that it makes it hard to get together.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Delphinus's Avatar
    Follow Delphinus On Twitter Add Delphinus on Facebook
    Visit Delphinus's Youtube Channel
    Agreed. It's quite surprising, considering "California". Well, in regards to San Diego, and any other spots, I'd say we could (for those of us here on Mernetwork) go ahead and use this and similar to coordinate either way? We made two pages, so clearly it's at least garnering enough attention that people are drawn to it to see what's going on.

Perhaps we could simply try to set up meets for practice and/or just to get to meet each other, and also consider a larger meet down the road if people would be able to gather once sometime?

Since CA is such a big state, it'll obviously leave a lot out, but there's also Catalina Island, which I know many of us in SoCal like. The main beach by the docks is perfect for mers with tiny waves and calm water. Naturally that'd likely be one of the "once in a while" meets in all likelihood.
    "Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, lìtutti vivono in pace e in onestà."

I haven't gotten my tail yet, that is why I haven't replied to this thread sooner, though I have been monitoring it in case I am able to get the tail in time.

You don't need a tail to talk to us Khaleesi. Go ahead and speak up. You are welcome here, and if we have a gathering, unless you are an evil demon overlord that crawled out from the depths of Hades with schemes of universal domination, you are welcome to come as well (with or without a tail).

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    Would Ontario mills be too far out for anyone? Just throwing that out there.
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

That would be a 190 mile round trip for me. Would you do it?

Let the storm rage on!

It's doable, but gets to be roughly 1 hr 40 - 2 hours depending on traffic, and my luck with traffic is never good. :|

Wow. Why are we all spread out from each other? lol

Yeah it's a bit over 110 miles one way for me. But Anaheim is even farther.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    Damn. I should have figured Ontario was too far. I'll meet some of you some day.... (Even though I already have been to a couple of meet ups. I'd still like to meet others)
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

Downside to being in one of the bigger states. ;_; Means everyone has a higher chance of being more distant.

No updates on this happening?

Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Bree's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Bree on Facebook
    As a new mer-person, it would be wonderful to meet up, practice or otherwise (and I need the practice!). I use to live in the OC myself, family house in Villa Park of all places. Alas, the house is to be sold, passing of last parent. I do have friends in the area and can usually arrange couch-camping space, so if a swim-meet (ha!) materializes, I can factor that in for the road trip down from the Central Coast. Will be ordering fin/tail - this is soooo cool.

We just has a meet at Harbor cove beach at Ventura. That would have been about 3 hours closer to you than Orange county. Keep a lookout, we are thinking of another in a few weeks.

Let the storm rage on!

I'm willing to do the SD thingy, I would need to coordinate couch-camping space with friends in the OC, but not outside of the realm of doable... Or meetup in the OC. Or both... Don't have my tail YET, but... I like the idea of 'private', or at least 'not during prime-time' as that lessens problems. Especially if coordinated ahead of time with the facility / lifeguards (so they don't freak out, of course.)

Keep me posted - bear in mind I don't have a tail yet, but WILL be getting one through Once Upon A Mermaid - going with a rainbow-like blue with a more black (yet also holographic) fluke. Think in terms of a Betta... Gonna take a few weeks even AFTER I cough up the $ for it.

Name:  13164286_617850308371463_4086400241343849622_n.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  icm_fullxfull.124194674_h3z709urq800wwg4kc4g.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  122.4 KB
    Last edited by Mermaid Bree; 06-28-2017 at 02:03 AM. Reason: added images

I'm interested in any SoCal meet ups too! I haven't known where to look before now XD