Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First attempt at mermaid-like make up

i used two differnet types of nettings to create look.
    fine fishnet stocking and fruit netting

Name:  558276_10151050330892183_2100490026_n.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  73.5 KB
    My friend and my make up that I tried out last night. Nothing special but it was cool to try and to see the finished project

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Love it!! The scales came out perfect!

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I've always wondered how to do that fish scale makeup. I think a tutorial needs to be made.

There are a few just look on YouTube for mermaid make up. All you do is use a fish net stocking and use cream or powder make up it was fun!

Very pretty! I love the jewels!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Unfortunately with all that nasty yellow light in my house you can't see the colors that good. Hers is blue/greenish and mine is red/pink

But does it stay on well under water? I know for my burlesque troupe we would use hair spray and put glitter on top of it to make it stick and then spray hair spray on top again.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    What I did? Probably not. I was just goofing around back then with it. I hear hair spray does help though

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Caidence's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Caidence's Youtube Channel
    My friend and I attempted this type of makeup. We didn't use fruit-bag scales because we thought that the scales were too small. Instead, we used a soccer net bag or a net that you hold up stuffies with. We smeared clear lipgloss on our face, then put a net over it, then brushes on eyeshadow. Can't be good for the pores..xD
    Mine

Hers

The scales also stayed on underwater relatively long.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Serinessa

Very nice, everyone! It's defiantly a popular look for scales. The first time I saw it was when elfstruck made her tutorial (find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrZu...feature=relmfu) - and wow, looking at the date I can't believe that was over 4 years ago now! I had never heard of using netting for scales, and thought that was the most brilliant thing ever! I love all of her tutorials and was so sad when she stopped making them. Anyway, there are tons of makeup tutorials on YouTube for the scale look, if you're interested

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Junior Member Pod of Oceania hay_31's Avatar
    Using grease based makeup products work well as long as you dont touch them once you have applied it. As they are oil or wax based and you are likely to be in cool water it wont melt and is water proof. You can also seal makeups with a little bit of latex, a thin layer but this can age your appearance and if the water gets under an edge it will start to peel and lift.