Thread: My Tail Caught Fire

My Tail Caught Fire

Sooo I made my first silicone mermaid tail- a $3,500 project that took several months.

On my way to college from Oklahoma to Oregon- My car blew up, with Everything I owned inside (musical instruments, mermaid tail, etc.)
    Over $40,000 worth of stuff- most importantly my first Handmade tail.

I attached several pictures below, you can even see my mermaid tail inside the car in one of them.

So I have a Go Fund Me account if you are interested in helping me out at all, I'm trying to get my silicone tail business up, and I even have a warehouse to create Many more tails to sell.

Here's the link to my Go Fund Me, even $5 would help, whatever you can afford yourself.

——————————————————————

http://www.gofundme.com/kaylees-car-fire

I would appreciate it so much, and I'll keep you all updated with my new tail projects. I had Just started to do mermaid gigs, the blue picture is of my at my first - and only - mermaid gig with my tail before it became a sad black charred pile.

Plus- let me know if you would like to put in an invoice on one of my new tails- they will be a limited production for 2017.

Thank you for your help! I'll keep you all updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Not sure if all of the pictures uploaded!
    There's a lot of them between the wicked car fire and the mermaid tails photos. Well just let me know if you want more

I am paying my way through college fire Marine Biology- I am creating a Coral Reef Restoration Project here as well. No insurance back up either for all of this, which is unbelievable. Anyhow thank you so much, again.

Oh my god I'm so sorry!! This is horrible! Did you get hurt? Where you near the car when it exploded? Just how did that happen x_x

I donated a small amount of money <3 hope you can work everything out <3

Miss Mermaid Layara,

Ohh goodness thank you so much Me and my mother both were driving - and we're both okay , the moment we noticed smoke we both jump out and the entire car burst to flames! We hadn't grabbed our ID or any cash, nothing!

But I booked a flight out to Oregon the very next day and went through with going to college anyhow. I am doing a lot of research, and working with Jane Goodall to create a coral reef restoration foundation. -I'll create a new thread on merfolk soon to see who would like to be apart! Mer communities could really thrive in protecting the oceans!

Anyhow, Thanks again Mermaid Layara, it means a lot to me.

Loooove Mermaid Shae!

Have you checked with your car insurance and either renter's or homeowner's insurance, if you have them? My renter's insurance would cover at least part of my belongings in a car fire...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey Mermaid_Ginger,
    Well actually I have State Farm, and let me just say if you have any other insurance company you're in luck.

I was told I have to send the company receipts for the next 3 years to compensate for a "percentage" of the items in the car, and my mermaid tail didn't even qualify!

Damn thats horrible! I would love to know more about your business and your pricings; I am looking to start saving up for a silicone tail.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

YIKES.
    I'm so glad you're basically okay, outside of the losses. You rock, though, not letting it stop you for more than you absolutely had to.

I hope your GoFundMe helps. I can't donate this month, I already pledged to help a friend of mine who found SIX abandoned puppies on the side of the road to her home, which is in the middle of nowhere, and she's raising the five that survived, getting them medical care, etc.

But if you still have this up in early May, I would be happy to help in whatever small way I can! I'll set a calendar reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post

YIKES.
    I'm so glad you're basically okay, outside of the losses. You rock, though, not letting it stop you for more than you absolutely had to.

I hope your GoFundMe helps. I can't donate this month, I already pledged to help a friend of mine who found SIX abandoned puppies on the side of the road to her home, which is in the middle of nowhere, and she's raising the five that survived, getting them medical care, etc.

But if you still have this up in early May, I would be happy to help in whatever small way I can! I'll set a calendar reminder.

Awe! Thank you so much deep blue

That means a lot to me- I'm working hard out here! Nice to have somebody recognize and appreciate that sentiment ^.^

But WOW six abandoned puppies is quite the bill and time. But good for you! They sure will appreciate your help- I always loved taking in injured or abandoned animals. I actually cared for a litter of 5 raccoons once- and they have five clawed fingers that they used to latch onto me every feeding lol it's all fun though I'd do it again if I had to.

Thank you again deep blue and everyone else who has helped! I am just looking forward to getting back into MermAiding.

P.S. I am going to create a forum about this later today- but I'm looking for mermaids of the North West! I'm out here in Eugene Oregon, and I have found SOooo many amazing photo ops out in nature here! Let me know if you are a mermaid- or wish to be one in the Oregon/California/Washington area!

Love Mermaid Shae

Here's just another pic to update my discussion here

-my go fund me account is still active- links up above.

That's the tail you lost? It was very pretty.

Oh! And you're in Eugene? When Faeryworlds comes around, it's right there in the mountains, and so lovely. They have a mermaid pool... last I checked you had to have a fabric tail, but I want to recommend it! It's a really wonderful festival.

Hey there, I just went to donate to your Go Fund Me, and the page gave me a 'campaign not ready' message. Let me know if you get it fixed. I hope all is going better for you now!

Update!- not sure how much longer my Go Fund Me account will be active but I just fixed it and you can donate for another short while!

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    Hey there, I just went to donate to your Go Fund Me, and the page gave me a 'campaign not ready' message. Let me know if you get it fixed. I hope all is going better for you now!
    Yes I just updated it! Thank you!

http://www.gofundme.com/kaylees-car-fire

I was able to make a donation tonight, and I shared it to my FB.

Oh dear! I'm so glad to hear everyone's okay! That's just awful. I'll see if I can't round up anything; my spending is a bit limited at the moment (I'm a college student too- Marine Biology Majors Unite?) Also I'm looking into saving up for my first tail- so I'll shoot you a message about that here in a little bit. Take care sweetie!