Thread: Get-Together to See Mermaids Docu?

Get-Together to See Mermaids Docu?

So the annual Hot Docs festival is happening in Toronto from Apr. 27-May 7, 2017; and they are showing the documentary Mermaids, by Ali Weinstein:

https://www.mermaidsdocumentary.com/

What would the GTA mers think about getting together beforehand over some coffee or dessert, or dinner, then going to see the movie? (Even from farther afield like Guelph-London. Niagara or Buffalo-Rochester if you're up for the drive).

The have screenings on:

Fri. Apr. 28: 9:30 pm, TIFF Lightbox Theatre (King & John Street)
    Sat. Apr. 29: 2:30 pm, Isabel Bader Theatre (Charles Street & Avenue Road)
    Mon, May 1: 10:30 am
    Fri., May 5: 12 noon

I think the May 1 & 5 screenings are out because they're during working hours.

What about Apr. 28 or 29? My personal favourite would be April 28, because the TIFF Theatres are much better for movies than the Isabel Bader Theatre at U of T, which is actually designed for stage performances (I've performed at the Bader theatre. Great stage and many of the seats are great for the view down onto the stage, but are at too much of an angle for watching movies).

The TIFF Theatre can be walked to from the St. Andrews subway stop (2 blocks) or if you get on the King streetcar, you can get off right there at the John Street stop. People coming in on the Go train or bus can walk to the theatre from Union Station without having to pay for a TTC ride. The Isabel Bader theatre is on the other side of Avenue Road from the Royal Ontario Museum and the Museum subway stop.

Tickets are C$19 with tax & service fee if you buy them online (US$14.17- the Canadian dollar is in the pits right now, LOL). It might be possible to get them at the Hot Docs box office cheaper, especially if we can get a pod of 10 together.

Here's the ticket info. page:

https://boxoffice.hotdocs.ca/WebSale...-20b2ac9a3ff8&

What do you think?

Anybody up for this?

(Also, if anybody gets a line on a promo code for a discount on the tickets, could you post it up for us)?
    Last edited by AptaMer; 04-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Hello AptaMer im so excited about this movie premier! I will be at Toronto along with Ali and Caitlin watching it. darling Caitlin has asked me to reach out to you in order to get in touch with you. sending private message with her email.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Bill Nyeeeee is going to be there!

Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Bill Nyeeeee is going to be there!
    Way cool! thanks Raina i miss you but will be thinking of you

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I'm in this! Its too bad i can't go to watch it.

You looked so darn pretty!! you have to go see this i shared a link for Entry for free tickets on my fb page i shall post link here if you liked for next months showing its really amazing your going to love it