Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Minerals

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Mermaid Minerals

decided to start a thread for mermaid minerals since I get to rep their stuff for a month! Hehe. Thanks for everyone who voted for me. I'll be picking up my prize when I go to Florida. Blue Mermaid sent me their eye makeup as a gift and I just got some photos with it... check it out it's amazing!

So this is a mineral powder eye makeup in an orange/coral. It's incredibly light weight- Im used to putting on layers and layers of stuff to achieve this look. It went on with one for the base and two for dynamics. Because of the way the mineral sits on your skin it naturally darkened my creases and I didn't have to. It's very shimmery, AND ALL NATURAL

Very nice! And congratulations on winning!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Chesapeake Pod
    Congrats! I love the first picture
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Well don't you just look beautiful!

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Here's some more mermaid minerlas photos along with how I achieved each look. I'll be posting every look on every Monday! Mermaid Minerals Makeup Monday! lol Here's what I have up in addition to my earlier post

Look #1: Smokey eye with versatility in day and night. Shown in a variety of lighting
    This look was created by:

1. washing my face and then moisturising with Mermaid Minerals "Restorative Marine Moisturiser"

2. After using a concealer of my choice, I next used the MM "Whisper Blush Brush" to apply the "Mineral Setting Powder" in angel colour. This gave me skin the airbrushed look with the soft glow, and evened it out.

3. Next I combined the MM "MD" colour mineral powder (comes out as a grayish blue) with the MM "iLine eyeliner sealer" to create a tinted eyeliner from the mineral. I used this only my upper lid close to the lashes.

4. Next I used the MM mineral powder coloured Opal with a rounded eyelid brush as a base colour all over my eye.

5. Next I used the MM mineral powder coloured Prism blended into the opal. I applied it THICK for the darker look, and used the rounded brush to create the shape. I blended the opal along the crease for the tint variation.

6. Once the eye shadow was done I used the MM "Superlash" Black Mascara- it made my eye lashes longer than my cover girl lash blast, fuller, and didn't make my eyes water.

7. With the eyes done I used the MM "Mint Victorian Charm" lip gloss. It felt very light, non greasy, and tasted great too.

8. After the lip gloss dried a bit I applied the MM Lip Seal.

9. As an experimental measure, I covered the eye makeup in the MM "Glitz Fix" liquid to see if it would help the eye shadow stay on- it did, even when I rubbed my eyes, great stuff!

10. Finally, I added my own very light coral blush.

So all that above this text is all from one look, in varied lighting, to show how versatile it could be. Here's my next one I posted for this week!

The smokey eye look was created by blending
    lava eye shadow mineral powder with the colours Maui, Moondance, and opal. I used the iLine clear eyeliner mixed with moondance, and the waterproof mineral mascara in black.

Finally, I mixed my own silver glitter with their awesome glitterfix.

My skin also has a light dusting of their angel powder. This gave the illuminated skin glow.

The lips are their really yummy lipgloss Sorbet in mint!

Last edited by AniaR; 02-13-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Very pretty.
    Tenacity.

More looks for you, these are all shot with the MM mineral powder eyemakeup colour called "Opal". it's VERY iridescent and can be mixed with the other colours to achieve that look. I have a variety of lighting for the same makeup so you can get an idea for how versatile it is.

Last edited by AniaR; 02-13-2013 at 10:28 PM.

I love that last photo of you!

Also it looks like they aren't answering emails? :| I sent one a few days ago.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

you gotta make sure it's typed correctly, i noticed there was a typo on the FB one and my emails were never sent. I dont think she works weekends either

Oh I used the form on their website. But I'm not too worried about it if she doesn't answer right away. So I'll wait until after the weekend for a reply before sending another.

yeah I was using the FB one and couldnt figure out why my emails bounced back constantly... lol

Wow incredibly beautiful!

Oh the make up is cool to :P
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    your eyes are striking and mesmerizing, you look beautiful

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    You have such big anime eyes! I love how in the last set of photos your eyelashes are gigantic. makes your eyes look even bigger.
    (all the better to see you underwater with, my fishy!)
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

You have such big anime eyes! I love how in the last set of photos your eyelashes are gigantic. makes your eyes look even bigger.
    I have been accused in the past of photoshopping my eyes to look that big, lol that's just how they are, and I hold them back a bit- otherwise I'd look crazy eyed! However in that last set Im wearing fake eyelashes as it was for a photoshoot and we wanted the eyes to pop in every photo

few more looks!

another eye makeup look with Mermaid Minerals featuring some green tones! Featuring, bermuda blue, mermaid, opal, and lava shades!

Pretty in prisms! This week's Mermaid Minerals look! A base coat of opal, followed up with the whole lid in prism, and the crease done with lucky penny! A little angel setting powder with the whisper brush, some mascara and mint lipgloss and we're ready to go.

Last edited by AniaR; 02-13-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I know next to nothing about makeup :/ Do you have to use some sort of eye base to make the color more intense and stay on or is the color that rich? I get the impression that it's just higher quality so it actually does what you need it to, but I thought I should ask anyway.

nope! I didnt need to in any of these photos. Im actually going to start making some video tutorials

Love the mermaid minerals makeup Raina! I've been on their site and they have a really nice selection of makeup. Definatly think you should do a couple of video tutorials.

Do any of you know of anyone who sells their makeup as sets? I'd like to try them out but it's like $16/color and I don't even know what colors would look good on me.