Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaid Minerals

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Do any of you know of anyone who sells their makeup as sets? I'd like to try them out but it's like $16/color and I don't even know what colors would look good on me.
    I think the owner has reps all over the world, and has it selling in different stores too. Maybe send her an email? (or maybe you did and havent heard back yet!) that way you dont have to pay shipping either.

Colours can be so tricky, a few they sent me I didnt think would look nice but actually turned out (like green- not a colour I would normally choose)

I just wanted to take a moment to address something that seems to keep coming up on MM. I only really see it from one person which I wont identify, and I wont get into too much detail but... Mermaid Minerals doesn't have to give away free stuff to someone every week/month, host contests, or do sales. I was really sorry to see someone being incredibly awful to the owner because they hadn't yet won the contest. The contest is based on "likes" of your photo- nothing else. Not whether you have a tail (my photo that one was just a face shot!), not whether you're a guy or girl, not based on your size, colour, or anything... Now yes, I can see where people will think it's a popularity contest, but I entered that contest so many times before I actually won, and previous mermaid who have won dont even have FB pages or do and have less than 500 fans! People who are winning, are winning because people vote for them, nothing more.

I wish people would be a little more appreciative, instead of demanding. I know I am biased because I won, but geesh I tried like 4 times before I did. And when you look at the past winners there are a lot of different and unique mers of all shapes and sizes. Throwing in the "discrimination" word isn't going to get a person "likes"

Splash inspired mermaid eye makeup

Start with mermaid minerals eye mineral "lava" all over the lid, follow up with Lucky Penny in the crease and brow bone, finish by mixing glitz fix with a yellow glitter to outline the lucky penny. I added some black spots with glitz fix and lava for accents.

Last edited by AniaR; 02-13-2013 at 10:27 PM.

the makeup is awesome! but i LOVE your necklace! so cute!

Raven made it for me

For whatever reason the images in this thread all went away. I just went in and tried to fix them. I realize it's been a while since I've added any new looks. All these photos were done using mermaid minerals products

This is lucky penny with water proof sealer over top, after 2 hours of swimming:

Used with sealer for a photoshoot

Mermaid Ama and I both wearing lucky penny blended with opal and a water proof sealer

It all looks so pretty and nice! I'm not much into make-up at all, but it looks really pretty.

I really like this makeup posts! I've beens sneaking around on thear site and i wonder: is everything water proof?

anything can be water proof when you buy the water proof sealers to put over top. That's all I do. Everyone acts like it's a big mystery but they sell water proofing sealers, and othe rmakeup companies sell them too! lol

can u please give me a link to that product? ^^

Beautiful!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Such bright, bold colors! And I love how they look underwater. I hope I can get some soon!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Delphine's Avatar
    Thanks, Raina! You always have such gorgeous eyes. Congrats on winning the MM contest, & I hope you share more shimmery looks!

I was tempted to buy the I - line from them but im not sure how well it works, and because I just recently ordered a lip seal that almost took 2 weeks to deliver and I emailed the company and I was told to compensate for the wait i'd get some bonus goods. And when I emailed her about that she never emailed back. So I am very hesitant to order anything from there again.

I placed an order yesterday, hoping everything comes out smoothly. :< They were having a 20% off sale so I thought I'd jump on it. Will keep the thread updated when I receive my goods. Aliyah, did you receive some kind of shipping notification when you ordered?

I love the lip sealer and iline, I use them all the time. I'm not sure they can be held responsible for shipping times though. Isn't 2 weeks sorta average if you go by basic shipping and don't pay for extra? I'm in Canada so mine took a few weeks to get to me Florida. Anything I've received in the mail from Florida has always taken 3-4 weeks, but I don't know what it would be like for state to state.