Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail Friendly Pools in the Carrollton/Dallas/DFW Area?? New to the area.

Tail Friendly Pools in the Carrollton/Dallas/DFW Area?? New to the area.

So, due to events beyond my control, I'm moving to Texas for a bit of personal business at the end or near the end of the month, and I was wondering, does anyone know of tail friendly pools in the general Carrollton/Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Also looking for new friends as well in the area!

Thanks in advance!

~Mermaid Alki.

Hi Alki! There are several. Two of my mers like to swim at the YMCA in Carrolton, but it's only during lap swim and at the lifeguard's discretion. We REALLY like Kirby Creek Natatorium in Grand Prairie, a bit of a drive but it's only $2. We also love The Colony Aquatics Center, Denton Natatorium, Hugh Smith in Arlington (most of the city pools in Arlington and Grand Prairie, actually), and Farmers Branch Aquatics Center.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Awesome! Does anyone know about the Austin area? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I know of the swimming holes in Austin, like the springs, etc, but I've not had need of a pool in that area. Maybe search Mernetwork or Facebook for folks to ask?
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

I meant to reply to this earlier lol. Thanks!

What's the address of the YMCA in Carrollton? I'm trying to look up the location, and im getting like...15 different YMCA locations across the city. D :

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    Hugh Smith in Arlington.
    Did they lift their ban on tails? In 2014 when I got mine they were cool, but then during a meet in April last yr or 2015, Enora hit a kid with her tail they banned them.

We've gone to NRH's indoor pool. Its small and not a good place for a lot of mermaids, but they don't mind tails. [No mers or fins in their deep/rock pool.]
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 02-23-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Does anyone know if the Loos Swimming Pool Complex in Addison allows tails? It's right up the street from where I will be living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alki View Post
    Does anyone know if the Loos Swimming Pool Complex in Addison allows tails? It's right up the street from where I will be living.
    Give them a call if no one here knows. I would ask first if they allow monofins, and mention the mermaid bit afterwards

Uh... I don't remember which one in Carrolton. Sorry. I will find out. Lir and Jordan go there a lot. And we are allowed, but only during lap swim and at the lifeguard's discretion. I'm sorry, I don't know about Loo. Let us know what you find out!
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

That's what I thought about Hugh Smith, Laura. I really liked that pool so I should try it again sometime

the Loos pool not only doesn't allow tails (as far as I know), they're not even a public swimming area, as far as I can guess from my visit this morning, they're a private school pool. Oh well.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    The indoor pool at the Heritage Senior Center in Irving allows tails. Its not a very big pool, no deeper than 5ft, and the hours are weird but its cheap ($1.50) and very rarely crowded. North Lake College also allows tails as of the last time I went last year, it's cheap ($1.50), and huge, like 50 meters with a 10 or 12 ft deep end. Weird hours because of classes, but worth it.

Yes. I was there today (NRH Center) and it was nice. They didn't have any problems with my tail. I called to confirm before I swam today. Everyone pretty much was doing their own thing which was nice to not be looked st strangely.
    Last edited by MermaidJoanna; 06-02-2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Clarification

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Hey friends- I got sent this: http://planomagazine.com/mermaid-fin-swim-texas-pool/#
    MerFriends is doing a fun pool swim June 10th (tomorrow)
    I think I will swim my way over there and say "Hi"
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

<3 It's gonna be FINtastic to finally meet you in person!
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Woohoo! See you soon <3
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com

Feel free to join "Pod of Texas" "Official Texas Mermaid Pod" and come to Adventure Scuba Swim Sundays for Mermaid Nights! Run by Moira the Mermaid of Adventure Scuba who teaches all mermaid and siren courses. Hope to see you swimming around the area!

Here are some links!
    Mermaids @ Adventure Scuba
    Mermaid Swim Practice
    Enchantingly Yours,
    Mermaid Lorens
    "The Most Exotic Mermaid in DFW, Texas"
    http://facebook.com/mermaidlorens
    Insta @mermaidlorens

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirenSongstress View Post
    Feel free to join "Pod of Texas" "Official Texas Mermaid Pod" and come to Adventure Scuba Swim Sundays for Mermaid Nights! Run by Moira the Mermaid of Adventure Scuba who teaches all mermaid and siren courses. Hope to see you swimming around the area!

Here are some links!
    Mermaids @ Adventure Scuba
    Mermaid Swim Practice
    Yeah, I am pretty sure this Sunday (Aug 6th) they host a swim practice. I will deFINitely be there, always love a mermaid work out!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com