Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tail Friendly Pools in the Carrollton/Dallas/DFW Area?? New to the area.

Ashton, you have SUCH a gorgeous tail! We met at the Texas Pool Mermaid and Martinis party but I didn't get the chance to tell you how stunning you looked! #texaspod
    Enchantingly Yours,
    Mermaid Lorens
    "The Most Exotic Mermaid in DFW, Texas"
    http://facebook.com/mermaidlorens
    Insta @mermaidlorens

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirenSongstress View Post
    Ashton, you have SUCH a gorgeous tail! We met at the Texas Pool Mermaid and Martinis party but I didn't get the chance to tell you how stunning you looked! #texaspod
    Aw thanks <3
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Has anyone discovered any new pools to swim at since this has been posted? 🤔

I know the Denton Nat. is fin friendly.
    But i have been talking with Adventure Scuba and they are willing to open their indoor heated pool (PLANO) for normal mermaid meet-ups rather than just mermaid classes and mermaid swim practice.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com

I hate that Dallas area has all these pools but us Ft Worth mers are a little lacking. We got some _small_ spots that are fine for a few mers but not for bigger groups. (I don't support clogging small pools with big mer groups.)

Yeah, I wish more pools would be open to talking and working with mers.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @

TailsAndTiaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Has anyone discovered any new pools to swim at since this has been posted? 🤔
    Its almost a year later so I will ask it again. I keep hoping one that banned us before will change their minds.

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod SelkieCyrus's Avatar
    Bachman lake indoor pools has been welcoming to me, they host plenty of free swim time, dont mind mermaid tails or monofins, and can get group swims scheduled in. Also year round, and easily reachable by DART.

Echoed from my soundstone.

I'm actually super curious about this too! I'm a brand new Dallas Mer and I can't seem to find any indoor pools near me that tolerate monofins D: Y'know other than Adventure Scuba.

Does anyone know of tail friendly indoor pools in Lewisville?

Updates on pools: Hugh Smith in Arlington doesn't allow tails or monofins still
    Northlake pool/college in Irving has recently decided to say no. From what I was told this may apply to their other pool at the senior center too.
    NRH doesn't allow mers in the deep/rock wall pool anymore.

When you go to a pool please always be courteous and respectful cuz we can't afford to lose more places on the Ft W side.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Does anyone know of tail friendly indoor pools in Lewisville?

Updates on pools: Hugh Smith in Arlington doesn't allow tails or monofins still
    Northlake pool/college in Irving has recently decided to say no. From what I was told this may apply to their other pool at the senior center too.
    NRH doesn't allow mers in the deep/rock wall pool anymore.

When you go to a pool please always be courteous and respectful cuz we can't afford to lose more places on the Ft W side.
    hey there! Victoria and a few others from thedenton pod discovered that rock wall natatorium DOES ALLOW full mermaid tails. Even silicone! The Denton natatorium is our home pool, and the Texas pool in Plano is also tail friendly but they are only open during the summer!

Please join the Denton Merfolk community for any other updates in the DFW area!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidFinley View Post
    I'm actually super curious about this too! I'm a brand new Dallas Mer and I can't seem to find any indoor pools near me that tolerate monofins D: Y'know other than Adventure Scuba.

Hey ladyfish! Welcome to Dallas! I’m Mermaid Siryna i’m The admin of the Denton Merfolk community~
    If you join the group, we have a list of swimmable places in the area and are scouting for more.

So far we have: the Denton natatorium (our home pool), Bachman indoor pool in Dallas, the rockwall natatorium, adventure scuba in Plano, and the Texas pool that is also in Plano. Hope this helps! And please join our pod page on facebook to find some swimming buddies. We are always swimming and love to get new mers in our pod <3