Thread: Hydra Monofins

Hydra Monofins

I was just wondering if the Hydras were available from any United States sellers yet. Every time I think about buying one, the shipping discourages me. Also, the Hydras are a firm plastic, correct? Not rubber? I want to use them for silicone.

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    I bought mine a while back on magictail.de and the shipping was only about $20. Total the order came to $87! I absolutely loooove the hydra, it's a dream to swim with. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

Awesome, thank you! I've sent them an inquiry.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I also adore my Hydra 😊 The blade is made from Polypropylene, but the side ribs & foot pockets are a rubber-like material - it sure if it's real rubber or synthetic, but I think it's safe for silicone curing if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Add MermaidLana on Facebook Add MermaidLana on Google+
    Follow MermaidLana on Tumblr Visit MermaidLana's Youtube Channel
    Buying one soon! Swam in one a while ago, they. swim. PERFECT~!

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Does anyone know if they do have any sharp edges or something so you would have to wear neopren socks with the Hydra?

I have a Triton (small size Hydra) and they are very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by MorticiaBeaulieu View Post
    Does anyone know if they do have any sharp edges or something so you would have to wear neopren socks with the Hydra?
    Mine has some sharpish corners and I don't need to wear socks with it

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Junior Member Euro Pod
    My Hydra arrived two days ago. So far I think I can use it without socks as I don't feel anything sharp, but I will be sure tomorrow as I plan to give it a test then.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MerNetwork mobile app

I always use it without socks (it fits exactly). You may need them if your feet are too small but in my oplnion socks are not required. There is nothing sharp. If you want to save time I would suggest you to adjust the foot straps before going to a public pool.

I ordered both a Minos and a Hydra, because I was right between the sizes. I swam with both to test them and I really do love this fin. (I ended up choosing the Hydra as the better fit.) Now I have to see if I can do silicone work with it.

@Stumerchick, yes it works with silicone, just use some clear tape and saran wrap on all the black parts until you close your fluke

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumerchick View Post
    I ordered both a Minos and a Hydra, because I was right between the sizes. I swam with both to test them and I really do love this fin. (I ended up choosing the Hydra as the better fit.) Now I have to see if I can do silicone work with it.
    where did you end up buying yours? I am searching for a good price on a Minos for my husband right now since he enjoyed swimming with my hydra more than the finis rapid we originally got for him.