Thread: Traveling Tanks

Question Traveling Tanks

Hi all! I have scoured the forum a bit, and I could not find anything specific for this topic. I want to eventually have a traveling mermaid tank that I can bring to events around town (Earth Day events, World Oceans Day, renaissance faires, etc...). I know they're not cheap. There is a local polymer tank manufacturer here in my town that I figure I'll custom order from eventually. My question is more in regards to the size that anyone that might have/use a tank would recommend. Keeping in mind that it'll still need to be mobile (most likely on a small trailer that could have a facade added to it to hide the trailer or something), what size do you suggest that gives enough room to show off the fins while also being able to dive down to pick up treasures for the visitors?

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just keep swimming...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    travelling tanks cost typically between 30k-60k for ones that actually travel and are big enough. I know, because I called every single manufacturer. lol. Also, most do not make enough money to break even on the cost- even the really famous mers, as many clients aren't willing to pay enough. The ones that seem to work out the best are working for ren faires that have purchased the tanks themselves.

I'm not expecting to break even by any means. I just want a tank and am curious on what size those with a tank find works well for them. I want to do ren faires and stuff, too. Also, I'm pretty much in the middle of the desert with no real suitable lakes nearby, so a tank seems like something I'd almost need out here besides going to the overly-chlorine-filled pools.
    Just keep swimming...

The one pictured is 8ft long 4ft wide 5ft tall. 1000 gallons.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah and thats just the tank, not the cost of the heater, filter, or specialized trailer.

There's a Canadian lady trying to sell a cylinder shaped tank - though it's not mobile.