Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 State Pod Meet

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

2017 State Pod Meet

IT HAS BEEN DECIDED, YAY

Our 2017 state pod meet will be at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie, specifically here: http://www.joe-pool-lake.org/lynn-creek-park.html

Date: August 26 to 27

Time: normal park hours- you decide when to arrive and leave

Cost: parking is $10 for non Grand Prairie residents

Other info: ...to be added if there's any questions
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 06-06-2017 at 07:01 AM.

I'd be down to splurge and travel for clear water to swim in so we could record video and get pics without having to suffer through chlorine. I'll try to look up some clear water spots and any time from June to august would be doable for me since I'm traveling late may to Cali for two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I would be totally down! I am up in North Dallas area, Where is everyone else?
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    As totally awsome as Krause Springs was I also have a trip planned this summer and can't afford two road trips, but if we did something within a few hours of DFW I could make it. Wherever we decide, since it's already getting near summer, should we try for August or September so people have time to plan? It's not like it won't still be plenty hot by then.

I second the August date. My convention work and freelance schedule is starting to kick up this summer.

Do we wanna try a lake then? Any naturally clear place we go is gonna get muddied up anyway due to all the fins

I'm in the Austin area and would love to meet up with fellow mers. I like the August idea and could travel as far as 2 hours away.

What about in central texas somewhere, halfway for everyone? I get a new car in June so driving is really no prob. And August I also agree with

Junior Member Pod of Texas NyxNightingale's Avatar
    Add NyxNightingale on Facebook
    Hello I'm a new mer who is also plus size from the San Antonio area. Sadly I know have a tail yet but I would love to meet other mers. There are several clear lake in Texas that I know of.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    *fist bump for plus size mers*

Kraus Springs in 2014 was fun and pretty, but too small for a pod of mermaids plus the usual human crowd. The water wasn't that clear either, especially with a bunch of tails stirring up sand. I think we'd be better off picking a lake so we'd have swimming room. I'm not familiar with central texas lakes, but in D/FW Trade Winds and I like Joe Pool Lake. So everyone suggest your favorite lake or someplace you think might be a good location and we'll vote on it.

If no one else will weigh in, I say let's start debating places in dfw. We haven't had a pod meet here for a while anyway. Last few years it was all down south. Now it is our turn. Joe Pool Lake is my vote because its big, has a decent beach, and a lot of us up here already go to it anyway. It isn't out of the way either, so if you want to eat, get Starbucks, etc you can do that within minutes.

For an August date, do we want to do a weekend, or maybe weekdays if it that is easier? I can get weekdays off but maybe a Sunday/Monday thing so one day there's fewer people at the lake. We were also thinking about going after school starts- which if I recall right for down here, os middle of August.

I just moved a few weeks ago to the area, I haven't even gotten fully settled in yet, so I don't know anything about swimming locations other then what you guys have told me, but based on google search Joe Pool Lake looks like an excellent spot for a meetup!

just out of curiosity, what kind of tails do you guys have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    just out of curiosity, what kind of tails do you guys have?
    I have 2 me and my friends made (one for the Fin Fun and the other for the Mahina), and a Fin Fun.

I actually lost my tail/monofin during my relocation to Texas, and am currently in the middle of saving up for a new full tail, so most likely if i show up at the meet up, I'll be tail-less unfortunately. D:

I'm in the Austin area and would be interested- thanks so much for coordinating:)

Here is the proposed location.

http://www.joe-pool-lake.org/lynn-creek-park.htm

You can google for more info, and we have some pix from our visit a f ew weeks ago I will see id Mary Marine can post.

DATE:
    Sometime in August. Is there a weekend we all wamt or should we just narrow down dates?

The first weekend most kids are back in school- the lakes are still open and staffed and yet not as crowded. Also, that's one of our slowest weekends of the year for bookings since not many kids have a party their first week of school, and most businesses aren't celebrating anything in August.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

snazzy, how are the bugs at that time?

Forgot to ask, but- what do you think about age limits? I know last year when everyone was looking at getting together in Austin they were saying 18+. Might consider bringing my 16 yo- thoughts? (She has a silicone tail that she mostly made herself and runs a professional mermaid business- I promise I wouldn't just be dragging my kid...she's more a mermaid than I am, lol) but also know people have different feelings about it- let me know