Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 State Pod Meet

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merwandering View Post
    I really appreciate everyone being open to my daughter joining- she's not really a kid, but couldn't come last time. However, such a good point, now that you mention it- as far as I know the people coordinating didn't own Krause or Barton springs, lol- it's a public place, I should've just taken her! She works as a mermaid but was banned from a mermaid meetup I think the two of us plan to be there- unfortunately I lost a friend very unexpectedly last week and my world is a little upside down, but would love to come if we can.
    As long as we just stay chill and respect each other, we can all have fun...to that end, I personally don't feel a big group of mers should be talking about any adult stuff anyway in public where it may come back to reflect on us- especially with all the local mers in the news lately. Now anyone can tell you I tend to get LOUD but even I can contain myself. :3

I did make an FB event, but I am vacay so I will make it more proper and post the link in a few days.

Whatever they said at the time seemed reasonable enough, I think they were concerned about safety or something. But look forward to it

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I don't know what my schedule will be, but if I'm free during that weekend I'll totally come!

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaph's Avatar
    Follow MermaidSaph On Twitter
    Follow MermaidSaph on Tumblr Visit MermaidSaph's Youtube Channel
    I'm out near El Paso, so my parents will say no to anything over an hour away...someday I'll be able to meet you guys though! When I can drive myself (and afford gas/ hotel room if needed lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MerNetwork mobile app
    Kitvin ☆ they/them ☆ he/him

I will fear not my death or destiny
    Because death fears me
    I'm not afraid to stand up
    Fists up
    Never gonna give up
    I'm lightning, no fear, just adrenaline
    ~
    What kind of scars will you leave?
    What kind of blood will you bleed?
    When fear sets the stage for defeat
    What will your legacy be?

I'm excited for this. It's been too long since I've been around fellow merfolk. Plus, I can't wait to try my new tail I've been working on.

BTW what time are y'all planning on getting there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    BTW what time are y'all planning on getting there?
    Normal park hours are 24 hours. I'm guessing around noon is best, I know I'll be there till about 5pm or later if my family decides to camp.

Sweet, thanks! I've never been, so having a timeline really helps XD

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I did make an FB event, but I am vacay so I will make it more proper and post the link in a few days.

Where can I find the facebook event?
    Thanks!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Its been a while since I been on here. I haven't done anything with the fb event. It's really there as a reminder and nothing else. I have no events planned or anything for it.

Idk what time we plan to get there. Probly early for me cuz I am not playing games with the sun.

This sounds like fun, am brand new and would enjoy meeting the community.

Sent from my SM-G930P using MerNetwork mobile app

As I mentioned before, I plan on getting there about Noon time to sunbath and get a few laps in with my monofin. I won't be done with my tail in time, sequins take time and a loooot of patients. I do hope to see some locals and out of towners at this event! I'll be the black girl with white/silver hair and a mermaid themed outfit.

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel
    This'll be my first meetup! I'm trying to get more involved with the community and not be a closeted mer! (As in lurking the forums and swimming in my tail at home)

Hoping to have my top and headpiece finished by next week, can't wait to meet whoever will be there!! =)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    The weather at Joe Pool is looking overcast for Saturday, partially cloudy on Sunday, but we all know how Texas weather can change. Ft. Worth is set to have thunderstorms, so I'll be keeping an eye on the forecast to see if that storm moves Southeast. It may turn out that Saturday is stormy but Sunday okay, in which case we can either all try to swim Sunday or just hold a dry meet on Saturday (or both). Dry meet would be either a mall, restaurant, or Starbucks since we are all addicted to that magic siren juice.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

It looks like the huricane might be changing things for Saturday. If anyone is up for a dry meet, I'd love to know a location that you ladies and gentlemen would up for.

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel
    Oh dang, I got work off saturday just for this! Like Katyah said, I'm up for a dry meet if I can still make it!
    May happiness find you and yours...and remember bad times are just times that are bad.

It looks like the nearest mall is going to be the Parks at Arlington. There's a Starbucks inside near Dick's Sporting Goods, if I remember correctly. Did we want to try for a noon or evening gathering?
    I'm not sure if making a Facebook event page for it would be better. I don't know any 'semi' active groups that would even consider it, besides friends of friends making their own private one.
    What say you fellow DFW mers?

I'm cool with the parks, I actually went there for the first time about a week or so ago and really enjoyed it. As for time, I'm free at anytime on Saturday, so whatever works best for you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    So after consulting 3 different weather websites, I got 3 different forecasts: one says cloudy both days, one says scattered storms both days, and another says partially cloudy both days. So Sunday's weather doesn't look any better or worse than Saturday.

Since some people are traveling and specifically requested off for Saturday, I suggest we for sure do a dry meet on Saturday so we can at least see each other faces in person. Parks Mall at Arlington has been suggested, since it has a Starbucks and a Barnes & Noble cafe for coffee as well as an ice rink and Round 1 arcade. While at the Saturday dry meet, we could discuss trying for Joe Pool Lake on Sunday, see if the weather stays the same or gets better. Unless anyone has any better suggestions for plans??

Of course the weekend we try to do a Texas meet, we get the worse hurricane in a decade. Stay safe, south Texas mers!
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

I'm up for a noon dry meet, saturday. I have plans to visit Quake Con with my little brother later.