Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2017 State Pod Meet

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Noon sounds good to me! At the Starbucks for drinks while people show up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using MerNetwork mobile app
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Noon sounds good to me! At the Starbucks for drinks while people show up?

Yeah, I'll try to get there noonish, depending on traffic. I'll be the girl in the University of Copenhagen tee and blonde/deep blue "scene kid" hair.

I'll be at the Starbucks in a glitter seashell tank top

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

I'm upstairs in the bathrooms, about to go get a frappachino.

It was good to finally meet ya, Mary! Looking forward to more gatherings soon.

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel
    I'm sad I missed this! I just now checked mernetwork I hope we can all meet some other time
    May happiness find you and yours...and remember bad times are just times that are bad.

Definitely, I'm thinking next year we need to start planning in January or February. Hold the meet earlier in the summer before hurricane season, but after the college mers are out of school. Maybe for 2018 we can do somewhere in central Texas, that way the Austin/San Antonio/Houston mers don't have as far to travel.

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel
    That's a great idea, maybe someplace like hamilton pool or barton springs would be fun
    May happiness find you and yours...and remember bad times are just times that are bad.

A few years back we did Kraus Springs in Spicewood, which was a beautiful location, but by noon is was crazy crowded, which made tail swimming difficult. I suspect Hamilton pool would be the same, it would be nice if we could find somewhere a little more off the beaten path, give us more space to swim. I have no idea how busy Barton Springs gets.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    A few years back we did Kraus Springs in Spicewood, which was a beautiful location, but by noon is was crazy crowded, which made tail swimming difficult. I suspect Hamilton pool would be the same, it would be nice if we could find somewhere a little more off the beaten path, give us more space to swim. I have no idea how busy Barton Springs gets.

Barton Springs is too crowded. If you go really early it's not too bad, but the rest of the day it will be too busy.