Thread: Looking for models for a mermaid tarot deck

Looking for models for a mermaid tarot deck

Looking for some models for a thing for #mermay . im working with an artist doing a mermaid tarot deck and we are looking for mers who would like to embody one of the major arcana in a refrence photo that will become one of the paintings in the deck. Pm me for,details if you are interested!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Is this an in-person gig? where? Is it paid? You'll get better responses if you add a little more details, I think Sounds like a fun project though!!

Agreed. I'd be interested if I knew more about what you're looking for

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Sounds interesting but I would like to hear a bit more detail. And does everyone who participates gets a deck?
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

That's cool. I'm interested in hearing more.

This is not in person. You would collaborate on your assigned card. Some artistic freedom is fine but there are some basic symbology that needs to be covered. Any ocean conservation ideas incorporated are a plus. This is a reference photo for a piece of art work so your card can have stuffed animals painted as live animals or photoshopped elements to accomplish the meaning of the cards. You can use a simple cell phone or whatever is easy for you. Tails are encouraged, but if you dont have one, one can be added by the artist.

Unfortunately, this is a grass roots project and a lot of people are interested in being immortalized on a card, so there is no pay, but you will be gifted a deck for your very own and a special discount code for your friends and associates to use if they want one as well. You will be listed in the credits in the interpretation booklet.

This is not in person. You would collaborate on your assigned card. Some artistic freedom is fine but there are some basic symbology that needs to be covered. Any ocean conservation ideas incorporated are a plus. This is a reference photo for a piece of art work so your card can have stuffed animals painted as live animals or photoshopped elements to accomplish the meaning of the cards. You can use a simple cell phone or whatever is easy for you. Tails are encouraged, but if you dont have one, one can be added by the artist.

Unfortunately, this is a grass roots project and a lot of people are interested in being immortalized on a card, so there is no pay, but you will be gifted a deck for your very own and a special discount code for your friends and associates to use if they want one as well. You will be listed in the credits in the interpretation booklet.

I have PMed you about this. Hopefully I can be of assistance. My modeling experience is next to none, but I did enjoy the one shoot I've done, so maybe I can get you some good stuff

I would love to be part of this!

🐚Mermaid Chanele

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I'm assuming you are looking for multiple mers for multiples poses, like the major arcana and possibly the face cards of the minor arcana, so that's at least a few dozen photos needed. Will you post a list so people can see what cards you need photos for? And maybe link the Rider-Waite card with it so people can get an idea of what pose is desired? Also, what would the required file size and format be? Very interesting in this project.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

The original poster has not been active on the forum in five months. I would hazard a guess that this project was completed or abandoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper