Thread: Chest hair: Yes or No What do you think looks better on a merman?

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

Chest hair: Yes or No What do you think looks better on a merman?

Is it better for a merman to have or not have chest hair? I want to look my best for when I'm a merman at gigs so I want to know everyone answer on this please. Thank you. I asked this on a normal mermaid/merman fan facebook group but I'm also curious to know how people on this site thinks too on this.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I will never get rid of my chest hair.
    Its part of me.
    As for how it looks, that varies from person to person.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    Hmmm. That's a good question. I feel like it depends on how you feel about your own body hair. Or even if you want to theme yourself. Like no body hair = could be a tropical or warm water merfolk, or Lots of body hair = could be an arctic or cold water merfolk. Then there's always the thought that, (like some pro swimmers) Less body hair = faster swimming, less drag in the water.
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I have never had any complaints.

Definitely chest hair and if possible tons of it!!!...There's nothing like a primitive-looking, gives off that true mythical vibe to it, burly, unkempt, wild haired/hairy Merman...In short....Totally masculine :😎😎

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

Add to that bushy beards and arm hairs too...oh yeahhh!!!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

I personally have no problem with guys - or mermen - having chest hair.

Keiris - I like all of your hair.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Why thank you, Alea!

For me it depends on the person, I like chest hair on some people but not on others. It all basically comes down to how you like your body. Think of it this way, if a client called and wanted to hire you for a party but didn't want the chest hair would you get rid of it or turn down the job? Also vice versa a client wants you to have chest hair would you grow it out? Lol I honestly don't think anyone will be that picky but it works as an example to see if you really love your chest hair or not.

PS I feel very uneasy commenting on other people's bodies so I'm sorry if my post is hard to understand my words get scrambled sometimes.
    Last edited by Khaleesi Daenerys; 04-24-2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: autocorrect �� and ps

I agree with Merman Storm: it depends on the merman. Take into consideration what looks best for your body, how attractive your chest hair is (if you have patchy hair, for example, it might be best to go hairless), and your mer-sona. Is your character more the rough and tumble sort of merman protecting his pod, a rogue, wild? Or is he suave and romantic? Or young and sweet and innocent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Wow Ginger! I never thought about any of those things...rough and tumble, suave and romantic or how it relates to what's growing on my chest. I'll never look at it the same way again! Lol

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    I had not considered this but I would think it also depends on the make of your tail. Having a tummy trail of hair that just abruptly ends in scales might not look so good depending on tail colour and make, at least to me. What ultimately matters is comfort though, if you feel better with chest hair or without I'd say your comfort and confidence in your body would benefit your appearance more than adhering to social norms and guidelines.

All this said I'm unfortunate in that I only have a lil bit of tummy fuzz that I will have to trim in the future, no hair on my chest to speak of or flaunt so it looks a little weird to me when paired against my tail.