Thread: Make up (facepaint,...) that keeps up in the water?

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar

Make up (facepaint,...) that keeps up in the water?

Hi!

I am searching for make up & some sort of facepaint that keeps up in chlorine water.
    I searched in the official thread for make up but can't find the specific products listed there around my region, I can order them but it would just cost to much then.

Do you guys have some suggestions for make up products (body paint or just plain make up) that you can easily get in Europe more specifically Belgium?
    I am searching for foundation, mascara, eyeliner and I have really white eyebrows and almost no hairs on them so I would like to find something that I can draw my eyebrows with maybe in a light natural color or a blue color. The oil thing that I have right now that stays up really well is eyeshadow and an eyeliner that chips off after an hour swimming...

Also some facepaint you can get here pretty easily? Would be fun to foul around a bit with patterns on my body!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I think any of that cheap greasy facepaint ought to stay on in the water, assuming you don't touch it. but I'm not sure. There are threads on waterproof makeup in the "Makeup and staging" section, if you dig around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I think any of that cheap greasy facepaint ought to stay on in the water, assuming you don't touch it. but I'm not sure. There are threads on waterproof makeup in the "Makeup and staging" section, if you dig around.
    Yeah I found some great products etc but the problem was that I couldn't find them around here or when I would order them online they would just be too expensive duo shipping, tax etc...

Hi. I used to be a professional FX Makeup artist, and here is what I've found:

Gel eyeliner will survive a nuclear war. I've worn gel in chlorinated pools for hours, and it faded a little but was still a really strong color. It's applied with a brush and comes in a little jar like thing. Any brand will hold.

As far as face paint goes, idk how sensitive your skin is, but anything that is 99% alcohol based will withstand water. In film, we used a company called Reel Pallets, and it's applied like water color paints, but instead of water you need 99% alchohol to activate the pigment. that also means the only thing that will take it off really is alcohol. You have to order in online no matter where you live, but it is accessible and lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Blue Joy View Post
    Hi. I used to be a professional FX Makeup artist, and here is what I've found:

Gel eyeliner will survive a nuclear war. I've worn gel in chlorinated pools for hours, and it faded a little but was still a really strong color. It's applied with a brush and comes in a little jar like thing. Any brand will hold.

As far as face paint goes, idk how sensitive your skin is, but anything that is 99% alcohol based will withstand water. In film, we used a company called Reel Pallets, and it's applied like water color paints, but instead of water you need 99% alchohol to activate the pigment. that also means the only thing that will take it off really is alcohol. You have to order in online no matter where you live, but it is accessible and lasts a long time.
    thank you for the tip! my skin is not sensitive at all so this will work great for me. time to search for a webshop that sells these in Europe without the need to pay taxes

Mermaid Salon has a line of luxe liquid lipsticks that are super waterproof I just did a test this morning.
    The SeaGlass Siren