Thread: Cramming a Merfin in a suitcase...safe or no?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

Cramming a Merfin in a suitcase...safe or no?

I may have to fly to Missouri in June, and my tail is coming with me. My concern is my Merfin. It doesn't fit in my current suitcase, so I will likely have to buy or borrow a bigger one. However I have seen old posts of people folding them up and putting them in their carry-on shoulder bags...how is this possible? Can the Merfin really be folded up that tightly for a few hours? When I try to shove in what I have now, it doesn't seem possible. I know the shape can be regained, because it had been shipped to me rolled up, but for this 'folding' will have to work. Any tips or suggestions?

Well, think I answered my own question. Was folding it the wrong way. It barely fits in a shoulder bag I have, but the tips stick out several inches and I can't zip it. I wonder if the airlines would view this as an issue.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 04-29-2017 at 09:34 AM.

I would advise against traveling with a monofin like this. It can be pretty difficult to cram luggage into those overhead compartments and that can easily lead to a busted monofin. :-/ I rather doubt the airline will care, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...1-monofin-bags

This is a cool idea too...altho buying a big ole duffel bag would work too, and cheaper than a new suitcase

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I doubt the airlines would care about the rubber tips. Be careful when storing it, but i could definitely see this working!