Thread: I received a bootleg(?) mermaid tail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I hate bootlegs. So much. When I see kids at the local pools swimming in them I feel so...livid. like what can I tell parents? Are they REALLY going to listen? Are they more concerned about safety, or saving money? They tend to be the ones you can get on Amazon that are knock off fin fun or aquarius monofins. I WANT to explain the tails are not safe and there are better ones for their money out there. But will they listen? The thought of a parent blowing off my concerns for their children because they are legitimately bad tail really rubs me the wrong way.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I hate bootlegs. So much. When I see kids at the local pools swimming in them I feel so...livid. like what can I tell parents? Are they REALLY going to listen? Are they more concerned about safety, or saving money? They tend to be the ones you can get on Amazon that are knock off fin fun or aquarius monofins. I WANT to explain the tails are not safe and there are better ones for their money out there. But will they listen? The thought of a parent blowing off my concerns for their children because they are legitimately bad tail really rubs me the wrong way.
    I think you should always try to talk to them. Most parents are not aware that these tails are dangerous and if you're new, you're fooled easily. I was new once, and I wanted to buy a knockoff too, not because I support it, but because I thought it was a good quality tail. But then, accidentally, I stumbled upon a video, saying that they are knock off tails and that you shouldn't buy them.
    What I wanted to say, is that most people are unaware of the dangers and may be relieved when you tell them.