Thread: video quality help?

video quality help?

I spent all morning editing videos in different formats and uploading to Youtube to see the best way and I cannot figure out why it is so hard to get a decent video on Youtube. I am using Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 and when I render the video it looks good. The problem comes in when uploading to Youtube. I have changed settings to what Youtube says to do, and it still looks crappy. Anyone willing to share if there is a certain formula? I am doing mp4 files, keeping resolution at 1920x1080 as that is the original file from my phone. Framerate is around 30. sigh...so frustrated!

After you upload the video does the quality not change even after you go into quality settings (the little gear at the bottom of the video)?

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Is it when proof-viewing the video on Youtube? If so, consider that the Youtube player automatically switches the resolution down if the internet connection appears to be slow to him. You can manually override the "auto" setting when playing by clicking the small cogwheel in the (I suppose) lower-right corner and under quality select the setting you want.

EDIT: Sorry, haven't seen that Hydra already suggested this. Sorry, it's quite late locally
    Last edited by MermanOliver; 05-06-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Redundant answer.

wow ok....when I went back in...and actually clicked on settings it brought up the 1080 option...I dont know how I missed it earlier. I went through all my videos and couldnt figure out why some were HD and others not..that. def. helped...thanks

the quality still doesnt seem as good as the original....but it does look better now at least

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it sounds like a settings issue on youtube end. Facebook is the same way. even if you upload in HD people will see a choppy version unless they change their viewing settings to see the HD. both FB and youtube automatically scale down to lowest quality for bandwidth unless viewers change it. Once you become a monetized account they give you better perks for it since they're making more money off you.