Thread: Designing your MagicTail?

Designing your MagicTail?

Hey, Mernetwork. Since summer is coming up, I decided to treat myself and buy a new tail skin. I've been looking at MagicTail and noticed that they now have a option where you can design a tail yourself. Have any of you mers purchased a custom tail from Magictails? and if so, how was the process like?

https://www.magictail.net/self-made-mermaid-costume-M

Name:  magictail.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  139.2 KB

I was DM'ing someone on instagram who did it!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

While I love the idea, I don't like the idea of giving them the design them making and so on. I feel they could use it and mass produce and sell it as if it's their own design type of thing.

@faithonthebass
    Ahmygawd. I like how it turned out!! Thank you so much for asking and posting the photo!! I'm pretty convinced already that they will do a good job on mine so I'll polish the design more and order it

@New York Mermaid
    Woah. do they actually resell the designs?? I know they are selling the contest tails but peoples personal designs? o.O

I don't know but I'm sure they will show up somewhere ( some site like wish or AliExpress etc.) I don't really trust those sites especially with a design I hold dear.

Eh, they can have my design as long as I also get my design lol.
    Question, do xl merpeople have a chance at fitting into their largest size? >.>; cus this is really cool...

@New York Mermaid
    I see your point. I guess i'll try to ask them to not upload my design anywhere or put a watermark on my design.

@Mermadi Blue Joy
    I'm not sure. The Magictail website says Super L fits US 10-16 and the Pro L fits US 14-18 but you can email them and ask

Junior Member Pod of The South DDsweetie's Avatar

Follow DDsweetie on Tumblr
    Does the custom designed magictail come with the monofin?

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app

♡DD Sweetie♡

Following this thread because I have a brilliant idea that will need a custom printed tail, but I'd like to know what the tail comes with. Fin, no fin, etc.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.12.46 PM.png
Views: 597
Size:  99.5 KB
    From the design page. It does not come with the fin. https://www.magictail.net/self-made-...-costume-Pro-M
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Nice. I have the finfun monofin and skills with a sewing machine to make it work hopefully : ) Now I'm super excited!

Thought I'd share this here!

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Corliss Gallows View Post
    Nice. I have the finfun monofin and skills with a sewing machine to make it work hopefully : ) Now I'm super excited!
    Also their "super" size of monofin will work with a finfun just fine.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYpQFI6Dkn8/ found another one on instagram!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    Thought I'd share this here!

WOW that turned out stunning!!
    Just wondering, how exact did your design translate to the final tail? Did you draw the scale pattern too, or did they add that in themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Blue Joy View Post
    WOW that turned out stunning!!
    Just wondering, how exact did your design translate to the final tail? Did you draw the scale pattern too, or did they add that in themselves?
    Not my post so I can't say for sure, but it seems as though they add the design over top of their existing scale and fluke pattern.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

A cool idea! I like that it allows for a blended waist with a fabric tail. That's pretty nice. I do understand the concerns about losing sole ownership of your idea, though.

-The Michigan Merrow-
    - lady of the lake -

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I looked at the page you use to design your own tail. They giver you just one pattern. Does that mean you are stuck with the top and the bottom looking the same?
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    I looked at the page you use to design your own tail. They giver you just one pattern. Does that mean you are stuck with the top and the bottom looking the same?
    No, I believe you can do a separate front and back design. All of magictails have a bit of variation that way

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

For a beautiful tail design, you'd better use the illustration. There are many beautiful stock images for this on the internet. Like for example book stand images helped me to design a book stand. I am sure it will help you too.
    Last edited by RobertWalker; 11-07-2023 at 01:43 PM.