Thread: A way to keep on drawn eyebrows for Alternative mers....

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook

Cool A way to keep on drawn eyebrows for Alternative mers....

I've noticed that there isn't really a post for drawn eyebrows, so I decided to add to it. Being a goth, I quite often draw my eyebrows on, but have never been able to make them stay on in the water... so I did a test on Saturday to see if they would keep. I used liquid latex and dabbed my drawn eyebrows with them, being careful not to smudge them. I waited for the latex to dry and then entered the water... at first the latex worked wonderfully... but I put my goggles on and managed to accidentally lift a part of the latex up. This is more for those who don't really need to use goggles... as the goggles can disturb the latex (obviously).

I didn't quite have clear liquid latex, but had a flesh tone which was a bit spotty, so I recommend using clear instead. When applying, its best to make sure you have an even coat over the top of the eyeliner and also to make sure that you have thoroughly cleaned beneath the makeup and primed.

Also, if you're going to be negative... don't bother commenting. Drawn eyebrows allow for more creation with eye makeup... also save time and money on plucking. Drag queens look f***ing amazing and they draw them all the time... you can't deny that.

Thank you for the tip! I have really dark eyebrows so I don't really draw mine in but I'm definitely going to try the latex method over the face paint when I do underwater cosplay

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I love the no eyebrow look!
    I've been watching Drac Makens on youtube for a while, and I love the sort of freedom no eyebrows gives her for interesting looks.

Doesn't MUFE have waterproof liners? They come in a lot of colors from what I remember, so that might be cool. Spendy though.

Off topic but related question- have you played around with different mermaid themed eyebrow styles yet?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    MUFE also says an underwater (not water proof, but actual underwater) array of brow gels and brow sticks. called "aqua brow" and I can confirm they do stay!

I know this thread is old but as I was a full time drag queen and even lived in my persona for a while, I felt it necessary to post here. I still toy with the idea of shaving them off again once in a while.

To make them last a ridiculous length of time swimming and even showering I would first draw them on using either lip liner or a kohl pencil and then pound them with a layer of translucent face powder, then re define the shape with a thin angled brush and eye shadow of the correct color.

I'll try and dig out a picture of mine after a swim.

So this is the only one that I can find, sorry its so zoomed out. They were done using the method above and there is a little smudging but after a couple of hours of swimming and apparently falling asleep on the floatie I think they held up quite well.
    Ita worth noting that when drying your face, pat it dry...do not rub.

Here you go, my alternative friends. The answer to all of your underwater makeup woes.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com