Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Mermaid Movie?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    My favourite mermaid movie would have to be Aquamarine. I used to watch that show EVERY SINGLE DAY over and over again. I used to copy Aqua and I still know EVERY characters line by heart. It is a fave.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mela.Mermaid

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Aquamarine is such a fun movie! I love to watch it while I make jewelry. ^_^
    ​Formerly known as "DominaDomino"

I really enjoy that movie when I'm in need of something that's light-hearted and easy on the emotions. I do love the way it handles the concept of love, and how absolutely cool about Aqua the guy is- whose name escapes me atm- but when she asks if he loves her, he's just a cool guy about it, tries to be understanding and totally honest, he's not all WOAH WEIRDO and he doesn't take advantage in some smarmy way. He's a great guy character, I love him.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I really enjoy that movie when I'm in need of something that's light-hearted and easy on the emotions. I do love the way it handles the concept of love, and how absolutely cool about Aqua the guy is- whose name escapes me atm- but when she asks if he loves her, he's just a cool guy about it, tries to be understanding and totally honest, he's not all WOAH WEIRDO and he doesn't take advantage in some smarmy way. He's a great guy character, I love him.
    Raymond
    Mela.Mermaid

Aquamarine (with Sarah Paxton) was a childhood favorite, and I still absolutely love that movie to this day. Yes, it's a 100% cheesy teen comedy, but just the whole "vibe" I get from it makes me so happy and nostalgic, you know?

Aquamarine (with Sarah Paxton) was a childhood favorite, and I still absolutely love that movie to this day. Yes, it's a 100% cheesy teen comedy, but just the whole "vibe" I get from it makes me so happy and nostalgic, you know?

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    That is so true! I'm a pretty awkward person, so when I see something potentially embarrassing occurring in a movie (such as asking a stranger if he loves you), I get some pretty intense second-hand embarrassment. I was so relieved by the way he handled that situation haha. I think it's also pretty cool that even though they made him a laid-back type character, they didn't make him a total airhead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's always really nice to find a movie that you can come back to as you get older to kind of revisit that childhood magic the initial viewing of the movie gave you. Sometimes it's nice to just sit down and watch a cheesy, lighthearted movie that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    I laughed my fins off at the scene in the police station where they're doing various sketches of "half-fish half-human" haha!
    Click on the little CC square if the subtitles don't show.

Last edited by AptaMer; 07-01-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hahaha, oh my goodness. :'D

Sent from my SM-T310 using MerNetwork mobile app

I loved THE LURE. I love playing with the idea of mermaids as eerie and ethereal, not always friendly and bubbly.

I have to say, though, I'm super psyched for both Guillermo Del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (technically a male sea creature, not mermaid per se) and the indie film BLUE IN MY MIND, but it will probably take a while for that be available to a wide audience.