Thread: Would this Hair clips work for a hair pieces?

Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidJeanette's Avatar

Visit MermaidJeanette's Youtube Channel

Would this Hair clips work for a hair pieces?

So I when to Lowe's, and found these beautiful forum lily pads that are safe in water. I want to make this into hair clip pieces but I'm not 100% sure what hair clips to try out....I found this old hair clips in my bathroom drawer and I though maybe hot glue the lily pads to 2-3 clips per lily?

Flower Lily pads

Lilies Top:

Name:  lily pad 3.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  247.7 KB

Lilies Pad Bottoms

Name:  lily pad 4.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  278.3 KB

Clips I was thinking of using to hold them up

Name:  Clip 1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  367.3 KB
    Name:  Clip 2.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  308.3 KB

Those are adorable! Are you planning on swimming with them or just using them for dry events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to use them for both so I want to be able to swim and in them and not have them come off.

I don't know much about accessories to be honest. But I would think maybe e6000 would work better to hold them on in the water. I've had issues with hot glue before with other things. Plus the hot glue might melt the plastic on your clips.
    If the clips hold pretty snug in your hair I would say they would work. But again I'm a novice here...

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    For the size of the lily pads I'd recommend using a french barrette clip! Packs of them for crafting aren't that expensive and they lock closed unlike alligator clips that can just open up with a bit of pressure. They also allow the decorations on them to sit flat.
    If you attach a felt backing to the clip and glue the lilypad on with e6000 they should stay on pretty well. If you're worried about them slipping you can always use tiny hair bands the color of your hair just below it in like two places. It's a method that Mermaid Raven uses to make sure any hair accessories don't slip.
    I absolutely adore those lilypads! As a freshwater mer, there's nothing better than seeing more freshwater-themed accessories.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

yea, thank you that comment it was really helpful thank you!!! Yes, I'm working on a Koi fish tail right now XD I'm more interested in being different type of fresh water fish. I live in mouth area so I tend to swim in lakes and rivers more.

Tail Making thread here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...x-Tail-Posses-)

Those are good tips! I'll have to remember that when I make my own!