Thread: Rates for photos?

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar

Rates for photos?

Hi I've had someone ask me how much I would charge to do a mermaid photoshoot with her daughter for her daughters senior pictures. It would be a dry shoot so full make up. I have never done anything like this (I've done one renn fair and I'm a tail maker that swims in tail for fun) I have literally no idea, not even a ball park, for what to charge. Any advice would be appreciated

Hey! I hopped on to look at tailmaking threads because I wondered how some of the projects were panning out and saw this- thought I'd answer because I'm a photographer- cool that you're making tails!
    The type of photography I do is completely different, and on average includes an album of maybe around 25 photos, for $3000, which I think is probably comparable to some senior portrait packages, but I'm not really sure. I sometimes do offer just a simple, less expensive option of 5 images for $500. I have done that a couple times with tail pics, but my daughter is going to be doing mermaid photos this summer, so we were just talking about this today

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Are you a photographer or would you be supplying all the materials to turn the person into a mermaid? or both? We do a similar package and it can range from 200-500$ depending on the package and how many photos. We just use fabric tails. Gets them 2-5 images

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    They want me to just be a model in the pictures. I have nothing to do with the photography part at all. I would behelping to make her into a mermaid as well

I think merwandering's suggestion is more based on you offering the package. I wouldn't charge that much to appear in photos. I would charge whatever your rate is for an appearance, and then charge an additional fee for giving her a makeover.

Yep! I misread- Sorry!!! That's what I get, always, for multitasking:/

No I thought the same thing from the OP. No worries.