In many ways, I am not a minimalist at all. I love collectibles(have you seen my doll collecting thread? ), and I'm a very sentimental person who tends to get very attached to inanimate objects, so I hate getting rid of things, and it seems the few times I did get rid of something, I came to regret it later because you just never know when something might come in handy. However, it's an undeniable fact that excessive consumerism is not great for our planet, and a buzzword I kept seeing in eco-blogging circles is "minimalism". I decided to challenge myself by only buying no more than 100 new things for myself over the course of the next year, or at least by New Year's 2018, and am encouraging others to consider doing the same. This doesn't include the following:
*Food
*Personal care products/toiletries
*Charitable donations(i.e., I donate lots of Toys to Toys For Tots every year)
*Gifts for other people
*Used items from thrift stores/flea markets/etc.(yes for me, this can include used dolls! )

This can have many different benefits. For one, consuming less is good for the environment. Secondly, buying less is good for your wallet .

I have a Word document where I list everything I buy(not counting the listed-above categories), and I haven't bought anything for myself with the aforementioned exceptions in weeks.