Thread: Anyone tried this Waterproof Phone Bag before?

Anyone tried this Waterproof Phone Bag before?

Hey merfriends!
    I fell in to the black hole that is Marshalls/Home Goods this afternoon (scored some awesome stuff super cheap btw!) and found this "Waterproof Phone Bag" for $5. I bought it thinking it would be smart to protect my shell phone from my wet hands. I'm planning on decorating the bag with pearls and sparkles, but it has a clear area right where the camera of my phone sits that I would leave empty.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 5.38.46 PM.png
Views: 116
Size:  350.4 KB

My question is, has anyone heard of this brand before? I'd be testing it out before trusting my phone to it of course, but do you think it could work as an alternative to a bulky waterproof case or expensive underwater camera? It'll for sure help with wet hands, but I want to push it!
    Any thoughts or advice?
    She is a MERMAID! But approach her with caution, for her mind swims at depth where most would drown.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    in my experience they arent really for underwater. more for making things splash resistant.

I havent had any experience with that brand in particular, but a dive shop I love to shop at here sells waterproof phone bags. The ones they sell, different brand, are meant for diving and work really well underwater. I'm heading there again this weekend I'll make a note of the brand name they sell.

I carry one in my swim bag incase my GoPro dies and I mean... they work OK but I hardly take them past the depth of 1 foot underwater.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Junior Member Pod of Cali

Follow Mermaid_Calla on Tumblr
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-P...geSknc_p7iAOhA

I bought this cheap-o thing and believe it or not, it works like friggin magic. I was checking my text messages at the bottom of my pool lol. You can use the touch screen through it and it doesn't leak at all. I couldn't get a good selfie with it though since the camera on my phone isn't super great underwater. No leaks at all though, and I've brought it to the beach with me too.