Thread: Creating a mermaid channel!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest

Creating a mermaid channel!

Hello all! I am planning om creating a mermaid youtube channel this summer! It will not be the best, i know that, but its what i love to do. I just want to know if you all think it would be a good idea? And if anyone would be interested in subscribing to my channel and supporting me with video ideas?! I am actually planning on making a whole mermaid show as well, and i just got this idea of collaborating with someone because i have no friends who would be interested in making a show with me! So let me know if that is something you would be interested in and i could explain to you what im thinking.

If you want to do it, there's no reason not to! There's a lot of videos about mermaids just swimming around, after a while it may get boring. Uniqueness is a strength. Either do tricks other people haven't done, videos about how to accessorise and add personality to your mersona. DIY them and other mermaid stuff, mermaid decor. List essentials every mermaid needs, like sinus savers and minofin socks, lol.

Focusing on the video quality from the start is important and gives a very professional and experienced vibe. No shaky, blurry videos in your dark messy room. Clear out a nice background, accessorise with a mermaid theme, or just keep it clean if you prefer that, get a good camera and lighting. Same in the water, good camera, no shaking around, good lighting and no random shadows of the camera or the person behind the camera.

But most importantly, be your own happy self! Practise being in front of the camera until you're not just nervously whispering and looking down or fidgeting with your hair or something. Talk to the camera like a friend, relaxed and fun. It makes the viewer feel like you're their friend and they want to keep watching you and talking to you in the comments.
    Last edited by Aquata; 05-22-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Subscription
    ~ Finland, the land of a thousand lakes and the midnight sun ~

It's so cool that you're starting a mermaid channel! I agree with Aquata. Unique channels are great, and starting off creating quality videos really helps.
    Until you figure out what you're going to be doing exactly for the mermaid show, it would be a good idea to see if there's anything else you'd be interested in doing on the channel and if so, what it is. Aquata listed some ideas above. Things like tutorials are really great to do, especially things like creating tops and accessories, swimming tricks, etc.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Celestia View Post
    It's so cool that you're starting a mermaid channel! I agree with Aquata. Unique channels are great, and starting off creating quality videos really helps.
    Until you figure out what you're going to be doing exactly for the mermaid show, it would be a good idea to see if there's anything else you'd be interested in doing on the channel and if so, what it is. Aquata listed some ideas above. Things like tutorials are really great to do, especially things like creating tops and accessories, swimming tricks, etc.
    Do you have a YouTube channel now

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3