Thread: Hei Suomesta!

Red face Hei Suomesta!

Hi! I'm Aquata 💙

I'm really bad at introductions, once we had to introduce ourselves in high school and I said "I love floral sneakers", so... Other than that, I've always loved swimming. When I did a flip in the pool as a little merling, my friend said I looked like a mermaid, and I've held on to that compliment all my life. I haven't been able to swim in years because of health problems and anxiety. Which is ironic, since what I most loved about swimming was diving below the surface into the quiet and calm. I hope this summer I can swim again and learn proper technique.

Reading about the Sinus Savers here makes me hopeful to finally be able to dive freely without holding my nose. Now if only someone had a solution for the pressure pain when I dive too deep, haha. If a miracle happens, I'll get my first tail this summer! Hmm, how long are FinFun Limited Edition designs available?

If you're from Finland, hit me up with a friend request if I haven't already!
    Last edited by Aquata; 05-19-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Formatting
    ~ Finland, the land of a thousand lakes and the midnight sun ~

Welcome to mernetwork

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork. The sinus savers are amazing. I use them almost every time I swim and you can't seem them in my photos. You can check my instagram and see it's practically invisible. It is a tad bit harder to relieve pressure diving deep with them at first but it's very helpful. Close your nose out of water and blow through your nose to make your ears pop. When diving deeper, start doing that at 8 foot deep to blow the air out of your ears. As you go deeper, remember to keep on doing that every couple feet. if you do it before you start feeling pressure, it's easier to pull off. That from my experience. Your mileage may vary.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    I'm from Finland too, already went swimming yesterday water is only like 12 celsius

Thank you, Khaleesi! I'm happy to be here

I'm so exited for the Sinus Savers, and I'll definitely try out your tips Slim!

Wicalethien, wow! That's practically ice swimming Have you tried that?

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    No I haven't. Would be fun I guess

Neither have I, haha. Either way, it sounds like you froze your tail off the other day