Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tail Colors

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermanJamie View Post
    Ok, so in terms of what I look like: I'm tall, and pretty much a string bean compared to my friends. Everyone calls me pale, but I'm the darkest kid in my family, lol. So I'm like slightly dark. My hair is like a weird two tone mix of light brown and dark blond, and I have my mom's hazel/amber-ish eyes. Hers were much greener than mine though. You have to be in the light to see the massive amber ring in my eyes that remind me of her every day. Whenever I picture myself, I really don't know, it's usually not something super bright, usually duller, because while I like bright colors, I don't think a bright neon tail would suit me.
    So yeah, I guess a darker tail might suit me better. I guess it would go with my eyes kinda. I'm darker than both of my siblings, who are both really pale, but it's not like I'm super dark or anything, so I guess it would also contrast with my skin, which I think would be a good combination. I'm not sure which would be better for me though: dark blue or green.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    A few months ago, the television Telemundo wanted to interview me as a merman. I brought two tails, the black "Toothless" tail and a blue one I made. They did not like the blue one because it is hard to see underwater, against the blue color of the pool. (Then I broke the monofin in the Toothless tail, so they had no choice.)

In selecting your tail color, think about how it will be viewed.
    Name:  DSCN0107.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  153.0 KB
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    You're right, Storm. The hybrid tail I made was done in those turquoise colors because I love them. It photographs beautifully on the beach, against the sand, out of the water etc. In the pool water there wasn't enough contrast which is why I added stripes. It helped but the next tail I created, I went for a completely different color scheme with the water in mind.

It be more beautiful if you use bright colors.

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    I personally went with my favorite color for my first tail! I'm going with a several shades of dark turquoise with gold accents!

I finally did it. A while back, I did a pretty lengthy test that took about 20 minutes to figure out my aura. Turns out I'm mainly blue with a hint of lavender. I think that would make for a really pretty tail, but tell me what you think
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

I finally did it. A while back, I did a pretty lengthy test that took about 20 minutes to figure out my aura. Turns out I'm mainly blue with a hint of lavender. I think that would make for a really pretty tail, but tell me what you think
    that sounds gorgeous! lavender is such a pretty color! what shade of blue are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by gay-mermaid.memory View Post
    that sounds gorgeous! lavender is such a pretty color! what shade of blue are you thinking?
    It's hard to say, because like Storm said, certain blues might blend in with the water a bit too much. I've been told my color is sky blue by several people, which I think would look really pretty, but something darker would probably pop out more. I might still stick with sky blue, though
    And when he opened his mouth, the most beautiful sound came out. A high baritone vibrated throughout the sea, and suddenly all was quiet and harmonious. That is, until the next note.

It's hard to say, because like Storm said, certain blues might blend in with the water a bit too much. I've been told my color is sky blue by several people, which I think would look really pretty, but something darker would probably pop out more. I might still stick with sky blue, though
    If you would like it to stand out in the water, perhaps have lavender be the primary color with sky blue accents?

pronouns are they/them/their

If you would like it to stand out in the water, perhaps have lavender be the primary color with sky blue accents?

pronouns are they/them/their
    Maybe I should go with a more medium blue, not too light or too dark, that way it doesn't blend in too much, but it is not super dark?

Maybe I should go with a more medium blue, not too light or too dark, that way it doesn't blend in too much, but it is not super dark?
    If you like i can whip up some color palettes for you?

Sent from my LG-H932 using MerNetwork mobile app

If you like i can whip up some color palettes for you?

Sent from my LG-H932 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sounds awesome!

I just decided I was an orca ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bam. Color scheme sorted.

Sounds awesome!
    Name:  jamie color scheme.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  43.2 KB Name:  jamie color scheme 2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  29.2 KB

i thought a soft yellow would be a nice accent color?

Maybe, the perfect color is a Royal Turquoise for a Mermaid tail. It is stunning!

Name:  jamie color scheme.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  43.2 KB Name:  jamie color scheme 2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  29.2 KB

i thought a soft yellow would be a nice accent color?
    OMG THIS IS PERFECT, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! IT'S AMAZING!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, THE PERFECT COLORS!!!!

OMG THIS IS PERFECT, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! IT'S AMAZING!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, THE PERFECT COLORS!!!!
    no problem! i had fun with it!

I know I have had several drawings of myself as my merman self, I started off asking for green, then went to blue and yellow and then gold yellow
    that bright yellow has become what I’m comfortable with I haven’t looked into the color meanings, however I feel that yellow is what my scales are, I do have this idea of scattered electric blue scales as accents but have yet to have that idea drawn out.
    It took a good while for me to land on a color choice. But seeing different stuff did help, and idk the bright yellow just feels right to me