Thread: Getting in touch with my Inner Mer

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar

Getting in touch with my Inner Mer

I've heard stuff lately, specifically from a friend I made on this site, about feeling like you are truly a mer inside. I totally get him, but I can't find my inner mer. He's a separate person than I am, in a way, just because I haven't found him yet. When I do find him, I know advancing through the mer world will be so much easier. I'd just like to know a little more, but I don't know how. I want to know anything I can about him, but I don't know any way to do it. If anyone could give suggestions, I would appreciate it. If only I could find him, we might become one, and I might be much more comfortable in this community.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Swim a couple times and believe me, it'll come to you.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I think you just need to dive right in Jamie, and find things or people on here that interest you. The rest will come naturally.

I guess, but I've tried. I'm looking for more specific stuff. Just swimming or looking around has helped me understand who I am more, but I want to dig deeper, so I can know even more about myself. I just want to understand more...but I don't know what I can do...stuff like going in head first gives me general information but I just want to understand everything..I know that won't come all at once, but if I can find stuff out a little at a time, it would be great

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    The thing is if it's like me, it will come almost all at once. To me it felt like an "Ah ha!" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanJamie View Post
    I guess, but I've tried. I'm looking for more specific stuff. Just swimming or looking around has helped me understand who I am more, but I want to dig deeper, so I can know even more about myself. I just want to understand more...but I don't know what I can do...stuff like going in head first gives me general information but I just want to understand everything..I know that won't come all at once, but if I can find stuff out a little at a time, it would be great
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I guess, but I'd kinda like to be able to find something. I don't really want to just wait for it. I'm curious, if you know what I mean. If I at least knew something more, I might be a little more comfortable.

Junior Member Euro Pod StellaMaris's Avatar
    When I feel myself connected to my inner-mer I relate this as connecting to my inner-self. Swimming is my kind of stress relief. Swimming is all about feeling one with the water around you. I don't want to be spiritual at this point, but when I feel connected I'm in a state of calmness or being 'zen'. For me, swimming is a way to 'be' and not to worry or trying to think about how to connect to your inner-mer. From my experiences, you should just take a dive someday and try to be calm, enjoy the sounds of being underwater, try not to worry, don't judge your thoughts and let yourself swim up and down like the waves of the ocean. Just 'be' and it'll all come to you and you'll find out someday how you've come to feel connected with your inner-mer at that moment.
    Last edited by StellaMaris; 06-23-2017 at 02:15 PM.