Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Fabric Tail Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kali View Post
    Is your tail made with sequins? If so, did you hand-lay them or use sequin fabric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it is swim fabic painted with Lumiere paints.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I LOVE my fabric tail! Does anyone have suggestions for fixing rips? I have a small hole in my fin, you can see the monofin. I'm considering sewing it up, but afraid it will be visible/unrealistic for children of the fence of disbelief and a thing photographers will want to avoid.
    TIA!
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaspray Mermaid View Post
    I LOVE my fabric tail! Does anyone have suggestions for fixing rips? I have a small hole in my fin, you can see the monofin. I'm considering sewing it up, but afraid it will be visible/unrealistic for children of the fence of disbelief and a thing photographers will want to avoid.
    TIA!
    I typically just ignored little rips. If they got too bad I remade the fin part of my tail. Mine had the body made of that sequin mermaid fabric though and that part held up well so I always just replaced the spandex covering the monofin. The latest rendition, I coated the spandex in silicone.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Name:  photo5091586775272499156.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  186.5 KB

Just got my first not-homemade tail! Couldn't resist that purple Monarch Finfun (especially when it went on sale). I did have to add a black ruffle to the end to hide the fact that I'm using my own monofin in it instead of the Finfun one, but I don't think it looks too bad

Triton Mahtlinnie of Puget Sound
    Facebook / Tumblr

This is my first tail I don't have any of me in it fully but I love it so much!

Name:  26219362_10106552722483644_3616002536219011216_n.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  98.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joie View Post
    My tail was heavily inspired by mermaid Jadestone's tail and used similar ideas and techniques to make it I am quite happy with the result I used zipties sewn into the fabric to hide the Rapid. We'll see how it holds up...
    Attachment 42324
    Attachment 42323
    Attachment 42325
    Attachment 42326
    I LOVE your tail!!!! it looks amazing! Do you have a tailmaking thread? I'm working on an updated version of my current one and am interested in how you used the zip ties in the fabric itself and how that's holding up in comparison. My new one is also going to have side fins and i'm debating the best ways to attach them still...

THANK YOU so much Mermaid Jadestone!
    You can see my tailmaking thread here
    https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...highlight=Joie
    My tail is not holding up in the fluke the side fins are doing great. Sadly I think my main mistake was stretching the fabric too tightly over the zipties while sewing
    https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...for-the-bottom.
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.