Thread: First silicone tail [emoji33][emoji33]

First silicone tail

I've decided it's time to get a more realistic tail but with so many choices I'm a little overwhelmed and I like to get your opinions and advice for such an important choice.

I've been swimming for the past 4 years in a fabric tail I made myself using the Finis rapid. I've never used any other monofin and only done pool and lake swims. My other issue is a have a limited budget, at this point I can't go over 1500. I've seen the Mertailors Spellbound line and I really like it but I've seen more negative than positive reviews on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so exciting! If you don't like mertailor, then perhaps you want to look at finfolk's mythic line? They're not full silicone, but they are absolutely stunning. They start at around $975 and come in around 5 colors, then it's another 500 if you want to have the whole set of extra fins. Of course you can also just pick and choose certain fins if you don't want to use your full budget on it. Although the only downside I've heard about them is that the scales are pretty fragile. The ones around your feet tend to scuff up if you ever stand up in a pool and they sometimes crack. (you can see reviews of it on youtube)

There's also the option of making your own tail, which is significantly cheaper (and sometimes faster). There are LOADS of threads on here about it. I suppose the only downside of it is that your tail isn't in the hands of a "professional", but with enough research it is possible to create a tail just as beautiful as the big tail makers.

Curious where you heard negative things about the spellbounds? I've been researching them like crazy, talking to almost everyone i can find who has one, and watching reviews on them (since I've VERY excited about the one i have coming) And I've heard nothing but positive things! So far the only things negative I've heard is one male said the foot pockets were a tad tight on him, one girl doesn't like the seams, and another said a few of the scales had minor defects, but other then that everyone I've spoken to has positively raved about em! I'm IMMENSELY excited for mine, and I was originally trying for the mythics, but after multiple reviews on them with problem after problem, finfolk not being known for their prioritizing time estimates, or responding to emails, and the wait time in order to purchase one I decided to go for mertailor. If theres a negative review of the spellbound somewhere I'm super eager to read it!! I can't stop myself from gathering as much info as possible when I'm this excited!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    You found reviews!? Where!?
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!