Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merserch for a Profession Mermaid!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar

Merserch for a Profession Mermaid!

The Dive Bar in Sacramento, California is hosting a casting event for new mermaids for their aqua-bar from March 8th and10th.
    I stumbled across this and as a Floridian (And being 18, you need to be 21 to apply) I thought the best thing I could do is to pass this along to the other Mermaids!

Here's their link! Good luck out there!
    http://divebarsacramento.com/

Member Pod of Cali mermaidondine's Avatar
    Oh my gosh! I've been wondering when Dive Bar would be interviewing/auditioning new mermaids! There was nothing on the facebook about it, so thank you for posting this, Blondie--I never would have seen it otherwise

Too bad they're only looking for swimming mermaids!
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidondine View Post
    Oh my gosh! I've been wondering when Dive Bar would be interviewing/auditioning new mermaids! There was nothing on the facebook about it, so thank you for posting this, Blondie--I never would have seen it otherwise
    I'm sure they keep things like this hush hush. I'm glad I had a random urge to look at their website. Are you going to tryout?!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    Too bad they're only looking for swimming mermaids!
    And I'm sorry Kae-Leah There will be a day someone needs a terramaid!

Quote Originally Posted by iblondie View Post
    I'm sure they keep things like this hush hush. I'm glad I had a random urge to look at their website. Are you going to tryout?!
    I can understand why! I remember when they first opened and they put out a casting on craigslist and the news and I think they got a really, really big response. I didn't hear about auditions until it was too late--plus, I wasn't of age yet But I am now! Lol!

I think I am! Although I am a little nervous/worried since I don't have any professional mermaiding or real professional swimming experience. So here's hoping my brief athletic background and recreational swimming/hobbyist mermaiding will be enough experience to get my "fins in the tank" so to speak LOL

If I lived in Cali (ans was 21) or was done with school and could fly out there for a vaca/audition I would in heart beat. I would move cross country if I got a job there (or weeki wachee) Still I will work there someday

Thank you for posting this!

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidondine View Post
    I can understand why! I remember when they first opened and they put out a casting on craigslist and the news and I think they got a really, really big response. I didn't hear about auditions until it was too late--plus, I wasn't of age yet But I am now! Lol!

I think I am! Although I am a little nervous/worried since I don't have any professional mermaiding or real professional swimming experience. So here's hoping my brief athletic background and recreational swimming/hobbyist mermaiding will be enough experience to get my "fins in the tank" so to speak LOL
    I think if you have a strong history of swimming they'll take that under consideration for "mermaiding". I think that anyone who can swim well can be a mermaid. I mean when I first made my own monofin, I had absolutely no problem learning how to dolphin kick and and do flips. I think that they just want to weed out weak swimmers or swimmers that don't have any desire to learn more. Keep me updated though! I would love to know how your interview goes!!

I think if you have a strong history of swimming they'll take that under consideration for "mermaiding". I think that anyone who can swim well can be a mermaid. I mean when I first made my own monofin, I had absolutely no problem learning how to dolphin kick and and do flips. I think that they just want to weed out weak swimmers or swimmers that don't have any desire to learn more. Keep me updated though! I would love to know how your interview goes!!
    I definitely hope so! It would be such a dream come true to work/swim for them I most certainly will keep you updated! I'm so excited, I was lucky enough to get Saturday off--not to mention the fact that interviews are the same night as the premiere of Pirates 4 on Starz! Lol! I'm hoping that's a good sign? XD Now to take a new head shot and put together a new resume!

yes! go for it, ondine! i believe in you.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Good luck! Or is it bad to say that? Or is that just with acting? Or does this count? Never mind. Break a tail! ( not literally, just adding a Jer twist on break a leg!)
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Tonight's the big night! I'm so nervous/excited... Thanks you both I really, really appreciate the support :-)

Keep your webbed fingers crossed for me!!! Haha!

You'll do great Ondine!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

*Crossing my fingers and fins for you Ondine!!

Lanai, The New York's OFFICIAL Professional Mermaid since 2012
    NewYorkMermaid.com Facebook Youtube Tumblr

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

I posted on their FB page how I truly am a mermaid at heart but cannot swim due to health issues, hoping it would make them reconsider their policy of only hiring swimming mers.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

How did it go!?!?! D TELL US TELL US!!

The interview went well last night. I met with Ellen and (I believe) Annie who were both super nice, and even more gorgeous in person! They told me that call backs are going to be around the end of next week--so I'm praying that I get a phone call :-)

Where there a lot of people there? What did they make you do/ ask you?

Senior Member Pod of The South
    oooo, u gotta keep us updated. We're all rooting for you

Where there a lot of people there? What did they make you do/ ask you?
    No, there weren't a lot of people there trying out that I saw, but I think they were interviewing one other girl when I walked in. I went in at about 4:30 so it was still pretty early though--I imagine they may have had more people come in as the night went on...

They asked me mostly about my background, particularly my swimming experience, and I also let them know that I had plans to start my own business mermaiding during the summer for children's birthdays/family events and the like. They seemed pretty happy to hear that I would have my own tail soon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SireniaSolaris View Post
    oooo, u gotta keep us updated. We're all rooting for you
    I definitely will! I really appreciate all the support from you guys. It seriously means a lot to me :-D