Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merserch for a Profession Mermaid!

I think you'll do awesome as long you are yourself. Good luck!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Ohmygosh Yaaaaaaay! So happy for you!

Oh my god that's great new!

Wow, thats so awsome! Good luck!!

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Congrats! Good luck today! I'm sure you can do it! Sirena's words are right on. That kind of attitude in interviews has always gotten me far.

Member Pod of Cali mermaidondine's Avatar
    Thank you guys! I'm super excited for Thursday--it could not come any quicker, that's for sure! Lol! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes down :-D

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I just saw some pictures on Seatails about some dive bar mermaids, and there was a merman. I didn't know they hired guys.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    What time tomorrow is your interview? Wanna be thinking of you when it's happening <3

Good luck!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

oh, its thursday!i hope your excited.you got this.confidence is key.you know what your doing.i really hope this happens for ya! Go, Ondine!! ^^
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

So last night were the call backs and it was a blast! They had about 20 potential DB Mermaids there (although a few didn't show up, including two mermen) and we got to see the tank upstairs and make-up/tail dressing room, which had all these awesome tutorials on the different ways they do their makeup on the walls. It was really, really cool! Then we got to watch the newest mermaid, Melyssa's debut in the tank (she did BEAUTIFULLY), and the dueling pianos. It was awesome sitting down and getting to know Rachel and Tuesday and Aimee and everyone--they are so nice!--and then just partying and having a good time :-)

The next round is round 3 and they're going to be narrowing it down to like, 10 girls (if I remember correctly) and have us come in during the morning/closed hours, swim in the tank for them and show 'em what we can do. I thought it was going to be awhile before we heard back for that round, but...I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! So I'll be in the tank Wednesday and Thursday morning!!

This is the last round so, I'm going to be practicing my fins off in the pool for the next week hahaha :-D
    Last edited by mermaidondine; 03-30-2012 at 04:34 PM.

That's so awesome :'D
    Do you have any idea how much you'll be getting paid to do that? It seems like such an awesome
    job! I would love to go see the tank x___x
    I'm super jelly.
    Good luck!! I hope you take a billion pictures of yourself performing~

Do you have a tail, btw? Or are they renting one out to you, or are you ordering one? Etc.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

I'm beyond happy right now. I'm also pretty sick to my stomach from the excitement of Annie's phone call hahaha Nah, I didn't ask about the pay rate--I do know that its based on an hourly wage, and you get tips. (The tips likely come from performing with the dueling pianos.) I didn't ask about exact figures though, just because I didn't want them to get the wrong impression of me or something, y'know? Because when it comes right down to it, I would swim for them for free! Haha!

Oh man. The tank is gorgeous! And it was really cool to see the "less glamorous" side of the tank (how it works, behind-the-scenes stuff) as Rachel put it haha I will definitely try to get pictures! I'll see if one of the other girls will take some of me on my phone while I'm up there if I can :-)

Well they just want to get a basic feel for how we move in the water on our own, so we were asked just to wear our swimsuits for the water try-out. I have a fabric tail that I've been working on (I don't have a mono though), that I might bring with me just in case haha (I think I was the only mer-search contestant who mermaids as a hobby...) But we actually don't have to have our own realistic tails. If I'm not mistaken, one of things they were looking for in potential mermaids is that we'd be able to fit their tails. I know some of the girls have bought their own silicone ones for their own personal use in the tank, but they have a few latex ones in various sizes to fit a few different sizes/body types. I do plan on ordering one from Mermaid Parties in the next two weeks when I get paid though!

I think they mentioned something about doing a quick performance for patrons on one of the nights after we've trained with the girls. Then the audience gets to cheer for their favorites, which they'll take into consideration when they choose their final girl(s), which I'm actually under the impression they may end up taking on more than one, which is really exciting! :-D

Oh wow! Ondine, that's amazing!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I KNEWWWW YOU'D DO ITTTT!!!!

I just knew it! I found it extremely hard to believe that they wouldn't consider you since you have such a passion for mermaids! I knew they'd find something in you! Ah!!! Ondine that's just GREAT! I'm so ecstatic right now!! You're going to do lovely in round three! Maybe more people will slip out too? That'll even narrow it down more! Swim swim swim!! We're all so proud of you!!!

Thank you! I just appreciate all the support and well wishes during this process. Its meant a lot! And its definitely helped me through it. I just hope I won't let any of you (or myself) down! I'm gonna swim my fins off for them on Wednesday and Thursday--not only for me, but for the MerNetwork too! Hehe :-D

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so wonderful! We are all rooting for you and I'm confident in your abilities to wow them!

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I'm very nervous about tomorrow--I hope I look as graceful as I feel in the water! Lol! And not like a floppy fish hahaha I just got back from the gym though and had a practice session in the heated pool there, so hopefully that helps some XD

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Just be one with the water. Graceful, fluid, flexible. Stay calm and alluring like all mermaids You're going to do great! This is so exciting!