Thread: I made my first mermaid performer page!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clarity's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Clarity on Tumblr

I made my first mermaid performer page!

So after like a ton of hemming and hawing I finally created a dedicated mermaiding Instagram to run my performer persona etc. It felt too personal to work from my personal account but the photos I got at my last shoot were so pretty I can't wait to share them!

I want to focus on body positivity as well as mermaiding. So many mermaids I've seen who have strong social media presences are also super thin, and that's also great but I can only be me, so that's what I'm doing!

Anyway, my Instagram is www.instagram.com/mermaid_clarity and I think I'll build the Facebook when I get a few more followers. (Right now I'm also looking at working with a mermaid company that doesn't really like personal pages) but it's just a place to put fun photos and just be a mermaid. Let me know what you guys think. I'd love suggestions on how to interact with people on social media and just how to stay active and positive in this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Selkish

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    woohoo
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Lol, thanks Ashton.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Name:  article-2296269-18CD2A52000005DC-571_634x473.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  51.3 KB
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

It looks great Selkish!

I love that you're also focusing on body positivity, way too many people are uncomfortable with themselves and that's just wrong. Having a "plus sized" mer projecting confidence and love of who they are (for who they are) would not only be a welcome break from the "normal" but would be very encouraging to those who see themselves as less-than-perfect.

Good luck on working with the company!

As for how to interact, just be yourself! Staying active doesn't mean posting only photoshoots and videos of you swimming, it could be just "look at this (thing), it's perfect for (purpose)!" you could share a lot of things, afterall you've only given yourself one guideline: it has to be mermaid related. Staying positive is a little harder as I'm sure you'll encounter haters, past "don't let them get to you" maybe (if you can) switch the comments to moderated, this will also help you clear your page and posts of questions you've already answered (often multiple times).

Congratulations and once again good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    It looks great Selkish!

I love that you're also focusing on body positivity, way too many people are uncomfortable with themselves and that's just wrong. Having a "plus sized" mer projecting confidence and love of who they are (for who they are) would not only be a welcome break from the "normal" but would be very encouraging to those who see themselves as less-than-perfect.

Good luck on working with the company!

As for how to interact, just be yourself! Staying active doesn't mean posting only photoshoots and videos of you swimming, it could be just "look at this (thing), it's perfect for (purpose)!" you could share a lot of things, afterall you've only given yourself one guideline: it has to be mermaid related. Staying positive is a little harder as I'm sure you'll encounter haters, past "don't let them get to you" maybe (if you can) switch the comments to moderated, this will also help you clear your page and posts of questions you've already answered (often multiple times).

Congratulations and once again good luck!
    Thanks Savannah! That's all super helpful!!! I'm definitely just doing my own thing for now but I'm really excited to really work on the positive message. Right now all my more media savvy friends are telling me to hold off on posting the really nice photos and heavy messages until I have more reach but it's so hard because I want to share so many cool photos with people!!!

I'm looking forward to what you'll bring to world of mermaid entertainment.

Sent using the MerNetwork App
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

As for interacting with the public....more on what Savannah said. Post whatever you lil heart sings out to. Just keep it mermaid related or put a mermaid twist on it if it isn't. Show people what your "mermaid life" is all about. That you eat, sleep, and breathe this lifestyle. You're a badass mermaid that deserves recognition. Go get it.

LONG TIME NO SEA EH?
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear that! I definitely second what they told you, but I know right! It is very difficult.
    Last edited by Sea~Phoenix Savannah; 06-10-2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: fix spelling error