Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: texas mers where are yall from? shout out lol

texas mers where are yall from? shout out lol

hello everyone just trying to get a feel where all the mer in texas are since it doesnt seam like there are that many and all the ones ive heard of are in austin. i am right outside of houston in tomball. wheres everyone else from? how long have yall been mer? do yall like being mer in the south? lol

Austin! I've been a mer for a year and a half. I like it quite a bit because there's lots of fun places to swim here, and even more about 2 and a half hours away. The weather is also very useful for swimming in Texas, but a little more in Austin too since northern Texas typically gets colder faster and more cold fronts tend to hit it.

Just outside of Abilene here. And as far as I know, I'm the only merman in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by cletusk20 View Post
    Just outside of Abilene here. And as far as I know, I'm the only merman in my area.
    Come swim with us! We've got three mermen- and they love meeting new friends!
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by cletusk20 View Post
    man wish you were closer id swim with you !!!!

id love to see if there could be a big texas meet up for all the mer folk sometime !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    Come swim with us! We've got three mermen- and they love meeting new friends!
    what part of texas are yall from? it would be awesome to have a meet up sometime!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    League City, it's between Houston and Galveston. (although pretty soon I'm gonna go off to a Texas Conservation Corps position that's going to take me to parks all around the state) Only recently got into mer, I have a monofin but I still need to make a tail, I have to put that off until July.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    League City, it's between Houston and Galveston. (although pretty soon I'm gonna go off to a Texas Conservation Corps position that's going to take me to parks all around the state) Only recently got into mer, I have a monofin but I still need to make a tail, I have to put that off until July.

thats awesome !!! i love big bend national park and big bend ranch state park !!! im sure if you visit thows youd love them !!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Cypress! We're neighbors!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidcassidy View Post
    thats awesome !!! i love big bend national park and big bend ranch state park !!! im sure if you visit thows youd love them !!!
    I've never been, but I really hope I go for this, ha ha.

We are in Dallas-Fort Worth. A state meet up is planned for August. I think it has its own thread. I think they decided on Joe Pool Lake. I *think.*
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    Cypress! We're neighbors!
    omg no way !!!!! would totally love to meet you some time !!! maybe go for a swim some where when i get my tail !!!! you know any good swimming places?

I'm in Tomball as well. Though haven't found anywhere to swim that isn't a bit of a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphin View Post
    I'm in Tomball as well. Though haven't found anywhere to swim that isn't a bit of a drive.
    thats awesome delphin !!!! i am looking for a place to swim thats both a pool to practice and a natural water sorce that would be awesome !!! what kind of tail do you have? how long have you been a mer?

Junior Member Pod of Texas Ryan Ankh's Avatar
    Add Ryan Ankh on Facebook
    Houston area (kingwood)

=^.^=

ive swam no where but my pool :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ankh View Post
    Houston area (kingwood)

=^.^=

ive swam no where but my pool :/
    man i wonder if theres a mer friendly pool any where !!! hmmm ive gotta figure out where king wood is lol would be cool for us all to go for a swim some day !!!

It's like 30min away from Tomball, generally speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ankh View Post
    It's like 30min away from Tomball, generally speaking
    no that far at all then !!! what kind of tail do you have? how long have you been a mer? did you come from another state? or are you from texas?

I have a mertailor fabric one ATM - but I'll have a finfolk Mythic next month ������
    About a year since I got my first tail I'd say - and I'm from jersey ^.^

I've had an interest for years, but only started making swimmable tails last year. So far have turned out a fabric tail that works well and a silicone tail that I've been too afraid of messing up to try. Still need to find a deep-enough pool for that tail.