Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: texas mers where are yall from? shout out lol

Hey a backyard pool sounds just fine to me! But Im a newbie (swimmer not mermaid LOL) just got my first fabric tail, Suntail dragon, and im loving it! But i need more swim practice and build my strength!!!
    If your down Id love to meet up sometime...im sure theres gotta be more swimming holes near us!!

Yeah dont wait for your tail just come swim with us in your monofin!!! Ill be doing alot of that as well to practice since I am just beginning to swim with a tail

Quote Originally Posted by Mystik_Leah View Post
    Yeah dont wait for your tail just come swim with us in your monofin!!! Ill be doing alot of that as well to practice since I am just beginning to swim with a tail
    Ill have to do that sometime !!! Just got a new job so gotta get settled and figure out when my free time will be!

Ps: how old are y'all? I am 24 wondering how old our Texas mers are!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Ill have to do that sometime !!! Just got a new job so gotta get settled and figure out when my free time will be!

Ps: how old are y'all? I am 24 wondering how old our Texas mers are!
    I just turned 30 My tail was my present lol!!! I just used it for the first time this weekend, LOVE!!

I'm in Tyler, but grew up in Dallas. I'm kinda hoping there is another mermaid close to me! I am currently researching my first monofin and fabric tail. So any advise would be great!

Junior Member Pod of Texas Coastal's Avatar

Visit Coastal's Youtube Channel
    I'm from Fort Worth! Born and raised
    May happiness find you and yours...and remember bad times are just times that are bad.

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Follow Ayesha on Tumblr Visit Ayesha's Youtube Channel
    Aloha! I'm currently living in San Antonio. I've been a mermaid for 5 years now.
    I'm still kind of new to Texas, so I am actively looking for a place to swim. So far, I've just been using a friend's pool. I totally missed out on the mergathering this weekend, but I would love to meet up and make some new merfriends!
    Mai ke kai mai ke ola, e malama I ke kai.

Junior Member Pod of Texas LunaRose's Avatar
    Follow LunaRose On Twitter Add LunaRose on Facebook
    I live in Abilene!!!

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    im in austin! havent finished my tail yet, but im getting there! its not too bad since austin has some nice springs and rivers!

I'm all the way over in Lubbock. Honestly think I'm it within 50 miles or more. Hoping to start up a pod around here and spread the fun!

Junior Member Pod of Texas Ryan Ankh's Avatar
    Add Ryan Ankh on Facebook
    Oh my! That’s no good! That’s a large lonely radius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s cool to see a couple other Austin mers. We do have a lot of nice natural swimming holes. I wish we had enough people to organize meet ups. Does Barton allow tails again? I can’t even remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    It’s cool to see a couple other Austin mers. We do have a lot of nice natural swimming holes. I wish we had enough people to organize meet ups. Does Barton allow tails again? I can’t even remember.

i doubt barton springs will allow tails, although the swimming area right below the pool is free and will most likely allow it!

I love swimming with my tail in lower Barton. Plus I can bring food and my dog, so major plus over Barton springs proper. I know the main area banned tails for a while, but I heard a rumor that they were allowing them again. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidRaegan View Post
    I love swimming with my tail in lower Barton. Plus I can bring food and my dog, so major plus over Barton springs proper. I know the main area banned tails for a while, but I heard a rumor that they were allowing them again. *shrug*

huh, I'll have to look it up!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I’m sherman! About an hour north of Dallas, close to the Oklahoma border. I’d love to meet some fellow mermaids!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm an Arlington mer! :3

damn texas for being so huge, almost everybody is soooo spread out huh?
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLWatson View Post
    We are in Dallas-Fort Worth. A state meet up is planned for August. I think it has its own thread. I think they decided on Joe Pool Lake. I *think.*
    I am really interested in joining that meetup! I live in DFW currently. Will be moving down to San Marcos by the end of summer more than likely

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I would love to go to the meet up at joe pool lake as well. I haven’t seen the thread though!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    I know there is a meet up at the Texas Pool next weekend. But sadly I will be out of town.
    I am looking to create a meet up in Plano in June.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com