Thread: fittness and food...to be a healthy mermaid...help !!! lol

fittness and food...to be a healthy mermaid...help !!! lol

hello all

i was wondering what all you other mer to to keep in best shape for mermaiding? i didn't see a post on this so i though id make one. i dont know what muscles usually are used and need to be stretched since i haven't gotten my tail yet. so i dont know what i should be trying to work on. the struggle is so real for me lol

i struggle with proper diet and exercise in my daily life so i am now making a hard effort to be a healthier person and to lose weight so i can send in the measurements for my tail.

i run or walk 2 miles every day depending on how my body feels. i occasionally do squats and sit ups. but other than that i dont know much lol

i eat mostly soups. occasionally steak and chicken and am making a hard effort to find salads that i like and can make relatively easy and cheep.

so what do all you other mer do to stay healthy. any particular exercises or foods your willing to share would be very much appreciated.

i hope everyone is having an awesome day or night where ever all you lovely mer people are !!!

At the moment the only thing I do is going to the public pool (45 minutes - around 3.6km), swim (at least an hour) and after that I go the same way home. This will change soon but for now it is all I do.
    No special food etc.

Note: I never had to do a diet and my opinion is that it makes things worse. The best thing if you want to loose weight is talking to a fitness trainer which can make you a specific training and food plan as there are different types what kind of type of training / food a body needs.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

thank you raina !!!! i will most definately check it out !!! ps: i just bout all 3 of your books and am waiting for them to arrive to read !!! so totally excited !!!!! ( sorry im a bit of a fan girl !!! )

This thread was started some time ago for people wanting to get healthier in the way that works for them. You might want to check it out.

https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...hread&p=272473

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    At the moment the only thing I do is going to the public pool (45 minutes - around 3.6km), swim (at least an hour) and after that I go the same way home. This will change soon but for now it is all I do.
    No special food etc.

Note: I never had to do a diet and my opinion is that it makes things worse. The best thing if you want to loose weight is talking to a fitness trainer which can make you a specific training and food plan as there are different types what kind of type of training / food a body needs.
    Out of curiosity is that training with a fin or just regular laps?

I'm not sure. But swimming in general is insanely good exercise. Doing breast or butterfly stroke, you can burn about 500-600 calories an hour. I swam for about 5-6 hours yesterday, and dropped a pound. Do an hour or two of swimming a day, track your diet and caloric intake, and try to find some additional exercise out of the water as well. I'm interested on some info on salads as well. The only three vegetables I can really bring myself to eat are onions, garlic, and carrots.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

Junior Member Euro Pod
    One very important, but also easy thing to do:
    Drink enough water (or tea without sugar)!
    Thirst often is mistaken for hunger in case ones got used to eating too much or food that isn't very high in vitamins, fiber, etc (I don't like calling it 'bad' food though, because it's a question of the quantitativ you eat of those).
    Being properly hydrated helps with your skin, with you weight and other things.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Sugar Avoidance is key.

A great dinner is stir-fry - use Olive or Grapeseed Oil, and not much. Add small chunks of chicken breast or thinly-sliced lean steak - I use Top Sirloin, which I get in a 9-Pack at BJ's Warehouse, and use 1 and a half steaks. Add to that some sliced sweet peppers, mushrooms, and celery, and GO NUTS on seasonings. My preference here is either Tony Chachere's salt-free Cajun, or Adobo (which has salt). Onion is delicious in there, but if you're looking for weight loss / sugar avoidance, do NOT let it caramelize! Raw is best, but you can throw it in when you take the stir-fry off the heat and just let the onion soften up in the residual heat. Easy-Peasy!

As for me, I think doing sports is not enough when your goal is to have a trim body. You also should watch your nutrition and it's not that hard cause there's a lot of blogs about diets on the internet. As for me, I use this site. Maybe it will be helpful.

I'm sure you just may eat healthy meal and do some sports regularly. The main rule:don't eat too much grilled burgers or something like that lol (It's a joke, I think, you may eat whatever you want only if your don't have any special diet).

They say that the abundance of brands makes it difficult to choose a good cbd product correctly. I find that choice is not necessary when there is such a thing as delta. Here you will find https://www.diamondcbd.com/collections/delta-8/, and I am almost sure that after reading you will not have any questions.

Sometimes I am concerned about the state of my health and I have long dreamed of trying mushrooms to improve the functioning of my brain. Do you know where I can buy quality magic mushrooms?

Good day friend. Did you know that there are mushrooms and various health supplements based on mushrooms? I really like products from thirdshroom.com because they help my concentration. Since I started taking these mushrooms, I feel better and better and can focus on creativity. I hope you also enjoy their service and find what you were looking for.