Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two-legged tails?

Two-legged tails?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone's ever tried to make a two-legged tail like the Starbucks logo? I hate that the logo is so corporate, but I've always loved the idea of the split tail.

Or has anyone tried to make other unconventional tails, like octopus or squid tentacles or something? I'd love to see pics!

That is gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Some day I'm going to try a melusine. Just always been fascinated, and I want an iridescent black tail anyway. That's going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMermaidQuintessence View Post
    someone made a sea serpent tailName:  sea.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  196.4 KB
    *falls over* Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh! It's amazing!

I found a couple of unusual tails on Merrow Fins' site. A lobster tail (!) and a dolphin/whale tail. Love the takes on different sea life!

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 10.18.28 AM.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  176.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 10.19.02 AM.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  232.8 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    No no one has as of yet and i hope im not beaten to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoboarini View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone's ever tried to make a two-legged tail like the Starbucks logo? I hate that the logo is so corporate, but I've always loved the idea of the split tail.

Or has anyone tried to make other unconventional tails, like octopus or squid tentacles or something? I'd love to see pics!
    There's a great Man O War tail, made by FinFolk for a user who hasn't been on in a while, his name is Seatan. In the end, he decided that tail wasn't for him, and FF bought it back, because they were so proud of it. A very unique, pretty tail.

Name:  25d036d81fcfe8bbe77d9c86833b4a4f.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  106.0 KB

And while there have been some very scaley silicone leggings made, I don't know if anyone's ever used them with a fluke as a Melusine sort of tail... I hadn't really thought of it as a Starbucks logo, but of course that seems obvious now. And for the life of me, I cannot find the dang page now. I saw them a few months ago, and I recall thinking, "Wow those look really uncomfortable."

I'd had the idea a couple years ago of doing something like that, only I wanted the inside seam area to be flatter, so that one could swim with legs together and a fluke. Never so much as drew it out. I'm sure there are a few of us who've thought about it, I look forward to the first swimmable pair with flukes being made by anyone who can take that on.

I found these beautiful designs by Lou Lou Jane for DR. MOREAU: THE AFTERMATH. I'm not sure what they're for but they're pretty cool!

Name:  fish-thumbnails.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  504.6 KB
    Name:  fish-sketch-11.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  439.8 KB
    Name:  colours.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  697.9 KB
    Name:  fish-final-concept-finished.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  550.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    There's a great Man O War tail, made by FinFolk for a user who hasn't been on in a while, his name is Seatan. In the end, he decided that tail wasn't for him, and FF bought it back, because they were so proud of it. A very unique, pretty tail.

Name:  25d036d81fcfe8bbe77d9c86833b4a4f.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  106.0 KB

And while there have been some very scaley silicone leggings made, I don't know if anyone's ever used them with a fluke as a Melusine sort of tail... I hadn't really thought of it as a Starbucks logo, but of course that seems obvious now. And for the life of me, I cannot find the dang page now. I saw them a few months ago, and I recall thinking, "Wow those look really uncomfortable."

I'd had the idea a couple years ago of doing something like that, only I wanted the inside seam area to be flatter, so that one could swim with legs together and a fluke. Never so much as drew it out. I'm sure there are a few of us who've thought about it, I look forward to the first swimmable pair with flukes being made by anyone who can take that on.
    This is a beautiful Man o' War tail! I love it!

If you ever do tackle the double-legged tail, I look forward to seeing it!

I 'm going to do this at some point. LOL. But I have to do my sequin tail first.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    When you do, it'll be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    I 'm going to do this at some point. LOL. But I have to do my sequin tail first.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Awww. Thank you.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I'd love to make one someday, it seems fun ^-^

I have been collecting used bifins, both for the foot pockets to make monofins with, and to use as flukes for my melusine. I have an idea in my head, very old world, wings included.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    I have been collecting used bifins, both for the foot pockets to make monofins with, and to use as flukes for my melusine. I have an idea in my head, very old world, wings included.

I'll be stalking your progress!!

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    Oh sweet lord that serpent tail one.. it's gorgeous!
    Also a manta ray would be neat..... I'm an artist that loves fantasy and trying to make them costume-able... sure i could come up with some interesting and unusual tail designs...... now i wanna draw..

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Vintage mer art has two legged mermaids, and even scales that go all the way up to the neck.

Speaking of two legged tails, here's what I found on Aliexpress. Just add some fins here and there...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VASH...104.0.0.HdJT87
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VASH...104.0.0.HdJT87
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    I was planning on making a melusine fabric tail for my best friend!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    ive been wondering if any one has made a melusine tail yet if so plz send pics