Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails pro

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Tihocan's Avatar
    Mermaid Brandie, thank you so much for your unboxing video !

I already own 2 FinFun tails and one that I sewed.

I saw the Betta tail on Instagram and I WANTED it, but my monofin is a carbon competition GoldenFish one, so I didn't know it it would fit in the skin. Swimtails answered me on Instagram that it would be OK (however, I also wrote them an e-mail to ask but they never answered... ), so I ordered my Sand Betta on saturday. Your video really helped me to understand how is the tail construction, so it was really useful !

I hope it will be okay since I was between two measurements. I ordered the smallest one, because I don't want my tail to fall down when I swim (my competition monofin is hyper fast).

I also read yesterday on Instagram that there soon will be a matching top available, so I wrote today to Swimtails to ask if they could wait and send my Betta when the top will be available, because shipping and customs prices for Switzerland are pretty high. I hope it will be OK too.

So, let's wait and see !

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Tihocan View Post
    Mermaid Brandie, thank you so much for your unboxing video !

I already own 2 FinFun tails and one that I sewed.

I saw the Betta tail on Instagram and I WANTED it, but my monofin is a carbon competition GoldenFish one, so I didn't know it it would fit in the skin. Swimtails answered me on Instagram that it would be OK (however, I also wrote them an e-mail to ask but they never answered... ), so I ordered my Sand Betta on saturday. Your video really helped me to understand how is the tail construction, so it was really useful !

I hope it will be okay since I was between two measurements. I ordered the smallest one, because I don't want my tail to fall down when I swim (my competition monofin is hyper fast).

I also read yesterday on Instagram that there soon will be a matching top available, so I wrote today to Swimtails to ask if they could wait and send my Betta when the top will be available, because shipping and customs prices for Switzerland are pretty high. I hope it will be OK too.

So, let's wait and see !
    That's exciting! I'm glad my video helped! I plan on doing a full review as well. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

The full review is live!!

https://youtu.be/aA-3Tsw9-ZQ

Store Blog

This is awesome! thank you so much for the review! How stretchy would you say the fabric is? I'm over their top size on the pro tails but SERIOUSLY coveting this tail.....

Thanks for the review ! I'll check it tonight at home.

Does anyone know about Betta swimtops ? I read on Instagram that Swimtails were going to offer Betta Tail matching swimtops, but they still aren't available on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdragon View Post
    This is awesome! thank you so much for the review! How stretchy would you say the fabric is? I'm over their top size on the pro tails but SERIOUSLY coveting this tail.....
    Its fairly stretchy but I would gooff of your measurements compared to theirs. You can also call them as ask. I know they've done custom sizes before.

Store Blog

Hey! This review is amazing. I am so beyond in love with these tails. But I have/am used to swimming with a Finis Rapid. Do you think that is large enough to work with these skins?
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    Hey! This review is amazing. I am so beyond in love with these tails. But I have/am used to swimming with a Finis Rapid. Do you think that is large enough to work with these skins?
    If it's similar in size to another finis I saw (which I'm not sure of it was a rapid) it might. When I get a chance I can measure the size of the fluke exactly, and you can decide that way.

Store Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    If it's similar in size to another finis I saw (which I'm not sure of it was a rapid) it might. When I get a chance I can measure the size of the fluke exactly, and you can decide that way.
    That would be great, thank you so much
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Name:  Swimtails.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  52.6 KB

My Pro tail finally came! Swimtails said it would take 3 weeks but it ended up taking 4 1/2 weeks. But so far I'm quite happy with it, it's made of thick material that isn't see-through, even though it's very light-coloured.

I made an unboxing video if you'd like to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzhCTEaF00

Hello there ! :-)

My Betta tail has arrived ! I'll put pictures as soon as I can make great ones.

I have a little problem : it is bigger than my professional carbon fiber monofin and doesn't enter in its bag.

How do you carry the Betta with you ? It seems to be flexible but I'm afraid the vinyl part of the fin won't take its initial shape again if I bend it.

Hello there ! :-)

My Betta tail has arrived ! I'll put pictures as soon as I can make great ones.

I have a little problem : it is bigger than my professional carbon fiber monofin and doesn't enter in its bag.

How do you carry the Betta with you ? It seems to be flexible but I'm afraid the vinyl part of the fin won't take its initial shape again if I bend it.
    I just throw mine in the trunk of the car, or carry it open. I've bent it, sat it in a hot car on the back seat, and generally just not been super gentle and the vynal held up fine.

Store Blog

Oh thank you so much for your quick answer, mermaid Brandie ! :-)

OK. I have to find a way, beacuse when I already have my other bathing gear and the lake is a bit far from parking, it's a pain ! 🤣

Oh thank you so much for your quick answer, mermaid Brandie ! :-)

OK. I have to find a way, beacuse when I already have my other bathing gear and the lake is a bit far from parking, it's a pain ! 🤣
    No problem. I use a backpack to put my other swim gear in then just carry the tail. I always go to a pool though.

Store Blog

I am really loving the look of the Betta tails. Would a finis shooter fit/work with them as well? I already have two monofins and I am on the fence of wanting to fork out another 90/100 euros for a mahina fin. As far as I can see they are constructed similarly to the finfolk fabric tails except that the fabric is different?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmsterdamMermaid View Post
    I am really loving the look of the Betta tails. Would a finis shooter fit/work with them as well? I already have two monofins and I am on the fence of wanting to fork out another 90/100 euros for a mahina fin. As far as I can see they are constructed similarly to the finfolk fabric tails except that the fabric is different?
    I don't know if your monofin will fit, since I only have mahina fins, but the fabric of the finfolk tails is neoprene and this is a thinner scuba knit spandex.

Store Blog

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmsterdamMermaid View Post
    probably? it's the same kind of vinyl in the finfolk fabric ones so i imagine it would fit since they're designed for the mahina.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

It’s been nearly two months mine still hasn’t come in I don’t know why. I have tried to communicate with them and they haven’t been able to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brynnwiens View Post
    It’s been nearly two months mine still hasn’t come in I don’t know why. I have tried to communicate with them and they haven’t been able to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you called them? They always answered when I called during working hours.

Store Blog

Swimtails pro

Guys, it's been awhile since someone has posted here but I'm looking at getting a swimtails pro and something came to my attention that I'm. It sure has been covered before, has anyone noticed the striking similarities between the scale print on the swimtails Betta fish tails and Mertailors new scales on the spellbound tails? I don't know maybe it's just me but Mertailor released his new scales before the Bettas became available just saying, it's suspicious lol, could that be considered a copyright infringement or am I missing something