Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails pro

Swimtails pro

I saw swimtails New pro line and they look beautiful! Anyone know anything about the company or the tails?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Freckles are beautiful <3

I have the mermaid glitter sparkles tail, and I love it! While it's not one of the pro tails, I can't speak high enough of the quality. The fabric is super thick and durable, hasn't got any scrapes or pills on it when I know I've accidentally hit it on walls, pool bottoms, etc when I wasn't being super careful. I've even stood in it a few times when I really had to. It fits like it was custom made for me. Overall, can't stress the quality enough! Super reasonable prices, relatively unknown tailmaker, but extremely worth it!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Aegean View Post
    I have the mermaid glitter sparkles tail, and I love it! While it's not one of the pro tails, I can't speak high enough of the quality. The fabric is super thick and durable, hasn't got any scrapes or pills on it when I know I've accidentally hit it on walls, pool bottoms, etc when I wasn't being super careful. I've even stood in it a few times when I really had to. It fits like it was custom made for me. Overall, can't stress the quality enough! Super reasonable prices, relatively unknown tailmaker, but extremely worth it!
    The non pro is so much better than a fin fun having tried it myself. The pro model must be amazing if I love the non pro kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Aegean View Post
    Wow it sounds great! I have a magictail pro skin and I'm not happy with how see through and delicate it is. I'm so going to start saving for one of the swimtails ones!

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Freckles are beautiful <3

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    As it happens I just got a reply to an email I sent yesterday asking about the material their pro tails are made from.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MerNetwork mobile app
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

I talk about these tails in super detail here! Spoiler: swimtails lied to you about the neoprene thing
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I'm looking as swimtails pro aswell for a new tail(my first commercial, my very first was self made). And saw that they say in brackets it's not neoprene. I'll post a screenshot if I get a chance.

[IMG]https://

uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/70c44ae595fe26e6612d4e0cae75ce65.jpg[/IMG]

Btw they have a sale on merpeeps

Does anyone have reviews of the pro line? I've searched but I've only found reviews for the normal line, and most of them are pretty happy with the tail. I was considering getting the normal line of tails, but found mixed reviews of the FINIS Aquarius monofins. Also, I already have a Mahina monofin so it makes sense to get a pro tail.

I really want to get the green one (that looks like the Little Mermaid!) but I want to know about the durability of the material, etc.

Since I already own a Mahina, I went ahead and ordered one of the pro tails even though it's not neoprene, just heavy weight spandex. They had their tails on sale again, and I figure under $200 isn't bad for a fabric tail skin when the other Mahina compatible options (Mermaid Inc and Magictail) would have meant international shipping. Unfortunately, I'll have to get it tailored to fit me since I am between sizes. My waist is a M but my butt is a 1X, so I ordered it to fit the largest part of me and will have the rest taken in. It will probably fit high on the waist, but I personally prefer high waisted tails. When it arrives I'll post, but I won't have any data to crunch about durability until I get it fitted and take it for a swim.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaïs Nin

It's good that you went a size larger. They run a bit short. I have to add extra fabric to make mine so it doesn't show Mermaid crack and I'm only 5'2
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Since I already own a Mahina, I went ahead and ordered one of the pro tails even though it's not neoprene, just heavy weight spandex. They had their tails on sale again, and I figure under $200 isn't bad for a fabric tail skin when the other Mahina compatible options (Mermaid Inc and Magictail) would have meant international shipping. Unfortunately, I'll have to get it tailored to fit me since I am between sizes. My waist is a M but my butt is a 1X, so I ordered it to fit the largest part of me and will have the rest taken in. It will probably fit high on the waist, but I personally prefer high waisted tails. When it arrives I'll post, but I won't have any data to crunch about durability until I get it fitted and take it for a swim.
    Do update when it comes! Would love to find out more about it. Which design did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAine View Post
    It's good that you went a size larger. They run a bit short. I have to add extra fabric to make mine so it doesn't show Mermaid crack and I'm only 5'2
    Really? That's so strange. Imagine those people with long legs, that would be a nightmare for them to fit into it. Luckily I'm only 5'0, but I might consider sizing up just in case.

It came!! Apparently the pro tails have a longer shipping time than the regular tails, 3 weeks instead of 5-12 business days. I guess they don't keep them in stock and make them per order.

I was right to order the 1X as it fits everywhere except the waist, which needs taking in a lot. I'm 5'1" and it comes up a few inches past my waist, practically under my boobs, but at least it's not too short. The waist has 1" wide elastic, which I might take out and replace with 2" since I have to make it shorter anyway, I can just fold the extra material over the new elastic.

I was very impressed with the fabric, it's definitely not the usual spandex you see in tails, more like a sport knit or something heavier weight. It was thick enough you couldn't see my red underwear through them when I tried the tail on.

The fluke has a side zipper for inserting the mono fin. I got my Mahina in on the second try, but only time will tell how durable it is before jamming or tearing the seams from the stress of inserting/removing the monofin for cleaning/drying the tail. I'll try to minimize wear on it.

I picked the Mako Blue and the pattern itself is beautiful in person. The middle lighter scales are slightly off center to mimic light reflecting off them at an angle, which I'm not sure I like since it kind of looks like my tail is just twisted around, but overall I'm still pleased with how it looks.

Pics to come later and more details once I get it tailored and can swim in it!

I'm really loving their new betta tails! I'm hoping to get one for this summer. I'm really really wanting this one. Name:  1521821353419-28.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  69.2 KB

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

I like the look of their Siren tail, but I really wish they had photos of models or swim videos of more of their tails.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I like the look of their Siren tail, but I really wish they had photos of models or swim videos of more of their tails.
    Honestly same.

Store Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Yes me too! They've released a blue, red, green, purple and pastel pixie colours, but honestly they just look like 2D drawings. I want to know how they really look like!

The red and purple are gorgeous!! I wish they showed actual pictures too, I hate that they’re whole site is 2D renders.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    they post photos of people wearing the tails on their facebook and instagram, but i think they were tagged initially then reposted them.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    they post photos of people wearing the tails on their facebook and instagram, but i think they were tagged initially then reposted them.
    Yea and sometimes they post they're employees wearing them too but usually it's reshapes of tagged picturea

Store Blog