Thread: Mahina

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

Mahina

Hey guys! So my birthday is coming up, and my mom called me on my phone out of my sleep to ask what I wanted for my birthday. I just ordered a mahina merfin and I'm soo happy. I will keep you all posted❤❤.
    Mela.Mermaid

Kendra that's awesome! I think the next monofin I get will be a mahina. Happy early birthday too!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    Kendra that's awesome! I think the next monofin I get will be a mahina. Happy early birthday too!
    Thank you so much! I got mine on walmart.com for $69.50 in an adult large ( I'm a teen with hooves for feet). The shipping was free and only taxes were added.
    Mela.Mermaid

Has anyone else noticed that swimtails now offers tail skins for the Mahina? Like official and with the Mahina listed as the intended monofin?

I thought they weren't supporting using the fin with anything? 🤔

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that swimtails now offers tail skins for the Mahina? Like official and with the Mahina listed as the intended monofin?

I thought they weren't supporting using the fin with anything? 🤔

I heard that you could with a magictail. Faith said in her video that only skilled swimmers/lifeguards should use a full tail, but I am using my mahina as a fluke to my tail. I haven't seen swimtail's skin.
    Mela.Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Melamermaid_Kendra View Post
    I heard that you could with a magictail. Faith said in her video that only skilled swimmers/lifeguards should use a full tail, but I am using my mahina as a fluke to my tail. I haven't seen swimtail's skin.
    Yea I've been recommending Magictails stuff for Mahina fins for a while but then this....

https://www.swimtails.com/pro-mermaid-tails/

Like, they call out Margins and I thought she was all....idk, uppity about making sure her fin wasn't used in tails for legal reasons? (obviously they can't stop people from putting them in tails but like the company's stance has been against it.)

The tailskins look nice though!

Store Blog

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBrandie View Post
    Yea I've been recommending Magictails stuff for Mahina fins for a while but then this....

https://www.swimtails.com/pro-mermaid-tails/

Like, they call out Margins and I thought she was all....idk, uppity about making sure her fin wasn't used in tails for legal reasons? (obviously they can't stop people from putting them in tails but like the company's stance has been against it.)

The tailskins look nice though!

At least they said it was for ages 18 and older
    Mela.Mermaid

At least they said it was for ages 18 and older
    Lol true!

Store Blog

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    An update, the package should come either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow(happy birthday, I guess). I can't wait to get it!
    Mela.Mermaid

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    guys it came!!
    Mela.Mermaid

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Mela.Mermaid

That's awesome! I love the blue color, it's so pretty! Have you gotten to swim in it yet?

I'm planning on getting one, just don't know when.

So happy for you!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    That's awesome! I love the blue color, it's so pretty! Have you gotten to swim in it yet?

I'm planning on getting one, just don't know when.

So happy for you!
    I have not. But I'm working on it.
    Mela.Mermaid

I have not. But I'm working on it.
    So when you do swim with it, if it hurts, don't get discouraged. It takes both getting used to, and some breaking in. It does rub, and it's heavy. But neoprene socks help, and so does lubrication. It will take several swims in it to figure it out, and be successful. But you will.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    So when you do swim with it, if it hurts, don't get discouraged. It takes both getting used to, and some breaking in. It does rub, and it's heavy. But neoprene socks help, and so does lubrication. It will take several swims in it to figure it out, and be successful. But you will.
    This is true!! Socks help bunches but eventually your feet will toughen up! You can still see the barely there pearly scars from when I got mine in the beginning and I thought the bruises on my feet would never go away!! Haha but there's no other fin I would rather have

Store Blog

Oh. And that yellow is pearlescent in the water. I didn't realize that until I got it wet. It's really pretty.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    I actually have socks that are a thin layer between my feet for lubrication and hockey tape for comfort and blisters.
    Mela.Mermaid

Absolutely love the mahina, the first monofin I ever tried at a class was one so it was the first one I decided to buy, it's a little heavy at times but well worth it for the power and how gorgeous it looks. I wear fin socks with it which makes getting it on a slight pain but getting it off is still easy, just prevents the super painful grazing I got the first time.

When swimming just this morning I kept duck diving towards the bottom of the deep end and at one point my friend said I made such a loud slap on the surface the rest of the public stopped for a second like WOAH.